Who am I, sometimes I am not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

handload223

New User
Mike
I amMichael Breeds, 52 years old, married for 31 years, No children, neither of ushave ever wanted any, and besides our animals are our children. We own 14.78acres in Stewart County, Tennessee, where we raise chickens (21), guinea fowl(?), peacocks (5),a goose, horses (2), goats (6), dogs (2) and cats (7)
Before Ijoined the Army, I worked mainly for my father building custom cabinets, andwhen we had trouble getting along, or he thought paying others was moreimportant than paying me, I would go and work for other cabinet companies. IN1988, my father died, long and disturbing story, and I felt that I wanted totry something new. I joined the Army as a Single Channel RadioOperator/Maintainer (31C). I deployed to Germany, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Israel,Korea, Iraq, and Afghanistan x4. In February 2013, I retired from the Armyafter serving for 23 years.I worked mainly in tele-communications, SATCOM upand down links, servers, and exchange and user terminals, but also spent sometime as an Infantryman.Achieved the rank of Sergeant First Class, received aBronze Star, two Meritorious Service Medals, the Combat Action Badge and theArmy’s Expert Infantry Badge, and too many others to list. I am 100% disabledfrom injuries sustained, my PTSD and depression. In December 2008, I completedmy Associates of Science in General Education, leaning toward Criminal Justicewith Troy University. In July of 2013, I finished my Bachelors of Science inCriminal Justice with Troy University. All but the last four classes, Icompleted during deployments. In May 2015, I completed my Bachelors of Sciencein Paralegal Studies at Kaplan University. Now am working on a Bachelor’s ofScience in Psychology, with emphasis on applied behavior analysis. I figured ifthe shrinks cannot seem to help me, maybe if I knew something about it, I could.Right now I am keeping my mind busy with the courses I am taking but my G.I.Bill is about to run out, and I am afraid of not having something to keep itbusy, and my problems overtake me. I am sorry that I cannot attend the monthlyNew Member's Chat on the first Thursday of the month, I have seminars onThursday and Monday at 7:00pm local, because it starts at 8:00pm ET.
I havemany tools and looking for more right now, I am looking at an almost new RyobiDrum Sander and a 5" Craftsman Jointer/Planer, the person that has thembought a storage locker. He wants too much but I think I can get him down. Wishthe Ryobi was a Grizzly or Jet, but I used all my luck meeting and marrying mywife.
Well thatis about all there is to know, any questions just ask.
Mike

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome aboard, Mike. Retired Army as well. Ask and you will get answers, share your works and thoughts and you will find both comrades and dissenters but most importantly you will find a kindred spirit with all on this web site.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Sure am glad you decided to join us Mike. From one disabled vet (Vietnam) to another, Welcome home brother, and thank you for all you've done for our great nation! Dive into the sawdust pile with us, and know you will find good company here. Many of us are veterans, and speaking from personal experience, woodworking can be one of the most enjoyable, satisfying, and therapeutic activities anyone can participate in. Chime in often, and share your endeavors and pictures. :icon_thum

jazzflute

Kevin
Corporate Member
Welcome Mike! Nice to have more fellow-EIB recipients on board! (Even if you are a 'leg'...)

:D

(11B2P, C trp 1-17 Air Cav 82d ABN here...)

Great group of folks here and very supportive! I'm very moved by your ongoing effort around education. I now work for the UNC system and specialize in improving online education for 'non-traditional' students and adult learners, so your journey is of great interest to me. Have you done any of your studies online?

Welcome!
K

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Welcome to the sawdust pile Mike and Thanks a bunch for serving

BKind2Anmls

New User
Susan
Welcome. We have some things in common. Married 36 years, live on 38 acres, never wanted two-legged kids, many cats and dogs, retired Air Force, stationed in Germany, computer-communications tech. Great group of people here. Hope you can make it to the picnic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors