Which chuck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Jankowski

John
Corporate Member
I personally own 7 chucks. I have a Vicmarc VM120 (its a hoss) which I love. I also own a SuperNova 2 and Midi chucks from Teknatool which are also very good. I have a Grizzly 4 jaw wood chuck H6267 which is a very good buy after cleaning it up from all the metal shavings left in manufacture and using a teflon spray lubricant. I also have a Barracuda 4 and a Utility grip from Penn State. The only one I don't like is the utility grip (it was also my first chuck) because the screw chuck is not centered in the jaws and it uses tommy bars. The nova midi also uses tommy bars. I prefer the keyed chucks for ease of tightening and remember to tighten n + 1 holes ( ie if the chuck has 2 key slots tighten at the first slot, then spin to the second and tighten that and then back to the first and tighten that.)

BTW I have extensively used Oneway chucks at friends shops but I prefer the dovetail jaws of the chucks I own. (Although nothing beats the screw chuck insert of a Oneway - but you can buy those inserts and they will fit just about any chuck)

Wilson

New User
Tom
Thanks for the input. I just ordered the super nova. It looks like everyone that has a nova likes it and it's on sale now.
Thanks Wilson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS