Which Bandsaw Blade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandy Rose

New User
Sandy
I need to replace the stock blade on my bandsaw - What are everyone's opinion between Grizzly and Timberwolf? It takes a 59.25" blade so I need to special order it from one or the other since no one stocks that size. Any advice/other suggestions would be appreciated.

eyekode

New User
Salem
Just ordered a bunch from woodcraftbands. Those guys are great. Call em up and tell them what you plan on cutting. He will let you know what you need. Shipping is sorta high but the price on the bands more than makes up for it if you buy a couple. Here is a picture of 4 cuts with one of his woodslicers: https://picasaweb.google.com/m/viewer#photo/salem.ganzhorn/5675244621275917713/5675244640019704258
With a light clamping you cannot even see the seams! Note the lumber is rough cut on the top. That isn't the cut I am talking about :).
Good luck!

wrwilder

New User
Ray
I second Scott's suggestion of using the Wood Slicer. It's the best blade I've ever used, including the Timberwolf. I've never received a Wood Slicer blade that had any drift at all and for resawing they are unbelievable.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
I'm going to be the contrarian here. Timberwolf blades (Suffock) are sharp out of the box, but dull too quickly for me. Don't have any experience with Woodslicer, but do use a 1/4", 6 TPI, hook pattern, bi- metal blade for almost everything. Ran the last one for about 12 years, and cut THOUSANDS of little cars in addition to other work with it. It broke (not at the weld,) so I replaced it with another bi-metal. I buy my blades from Woodcraft Bands.

eyekode

New User
Salem
Bruce, if you ever want a resaw band woodcraftbands sells woodslicer bands cheaper then highland. Apparently he can't call them "woodslicer" but they are the same.

For such a small bandsaw the OP probably wants something more inline with your suggestion. But just the same I advise calling woodcraftbands and telling him what you cut which really is the most important parameter IMHO.
Salem

charlessenf

(;harles
Senior User
"shipping is sorta high"

I called today and was told that shipping five blades for my Delta 14" BS would be $8 and that, very large orders/big shipping box was max $12.50 Email John@woodcraftbands.com to verify or ask questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS