Where would you sign this

Status
Not open for further replies.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Praying_Jesus.jpg

I have a paper backing on the back - I would sign on it but I am afraid one day the back might be torn off for some reason - The piece is glued onto 1/4 ply with felt - any thoughts
View image in gallery

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
Beautiful work!!!

I can't really tell from the picture if it's designed to stand on a table/shelf or if it's to be hung on a wall. Either way a small signature on the bottom edge of the frame (side, not the face) would be fairly discreet and probably not noticible in most cases. If it will be hung at eye level (or above) the top edge might work better.

Travis

Last edited:

steviegwood

New User
Steven
I personally like the idea of the artist's signature right on the piece of art. A small but legible signature on the bottom of one of the arms is where I would like to see the artist's signature. That is just my preference. Business name and date of the piece could be hidden on an edge or back. But even "2010" beside the signature in plain view would not bother me or most of my customers. I have had many folks that want me to sign my work on the face where it can be seen. One customer once told me that if I were ashamed to sign it where it can be seen then why sign it at all. Steve

sawduster

New User
Robert
I would sign my initials on the left side near the corner with a fine sharpie. Horizontal or verticle would work in my opinion. I use a version of my initials that sort of resembles a logo but also is small enough to add to something with a lot of cuts
I experimented with a full sig for a time but found it was hard to do since I often leave very little wood in a scrolled piece :mrgreen:

that's my nickels worth :icon_thum

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Thanks for the thoughts everyone - I think that I will initial it on one of the arms - his garment is sprayed with the rattle can rock spray to make it look like sack cloth so it is rough and I want be able to sige there

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
I would sign it in the shop....or maybe in the kitchen....or where ever I could find sumpin to sign it with.:rotflm: if this was helpful press "1".:gar-La;

sawduster

New User
Robert
I would sign it in the shop....or maybe in the kitchen....or where ever I could find sumpin to sign it with.:rotflm: if this was helpful press "1".:gar-La;
:slap:

Just thinking out of the box here bro . Would it be possible to " level " a small portion of the sleeve in the corner with CA or something to provide a small surface to initial ? :dontknow: :eusa_thin
don't know if it would work ........just the first thing that popped into my head ( lot of exta room in there ya know ) :gar-La;

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Late to the party, had to work late, I would sign it on a bottom corner in a back ground area. I use Extra Fine Sharpie markers. They come in all colors including white. Like Sawduster I just put my initials.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS