Where to get bandsaw blades welded?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skysharks

New User
John Macmaster
Hey everyone. Just broke 2 lenox carbide bandsaw blades. Anyone know of a place local that I can get these fixed at?

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Contact Lennox (or look on their website). They have a list of shops. Do check the joint with a straight edge and the weld. It's easy to mess up.

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
The big question will be "Why did they break".

If they broke from fatigue (especially problematic on bandsaws with smaller wheels) then they will very likely break again elsewhere along their length in relatively short order because the blades are likely already full of micro-fractures throughout their length. To help slow down the formation of micro-fractures, it is helpful to periodically round-over the back edge of the blade with an old oil stone or diamond hone (a relatively coarse stone/hone) to avoid the sharp corners where fractures most easily start.

However, if they broke from over tensioning (or a sudden jam -- like hitting a nail or screw with an aggressive hooked-tooth blade) then a proper weld will extend their life so long as they are not over tensioned again.

Regardless, I wish you the best. I know how frustrating it can be to have an essential tool out of commission.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Mac, if I recall correctly both Raleigh Saw and Dillon Supply weld bandsaw blades. I think that Dillon is a Lennox dealer too.

MagGeorge

New User
George
My carbide band saw blades are from an online supplier of saw blades. Sawblade.com . Excellent quality but I got it a lot less from other labels.
Maybe, you could call Lennox and had them change your blades. Best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS