Where to buy glass for projects in Eastern NC

Status
Not open for further replies.

G_ville_worker

New User
Bryan
Hi guys,

I'm looking for a place to buy glass for picture frames. This weekend we had some portraits done of our 3 month old daughter. Grandparents will be getting these as gifts this Christmas. I have some walnut and maple that is begging to be used. I made a walnut frame yesterday as a dry run.

Any ideas around Greenville? Also thinking about glass for some cabinets in the future.

Thanks,
Bryan

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
Bryan - if this is just 'regular' window pane glass, you shouldn't have any probs finding it cut to size at Lowes, Home Depot, maybe Ace Hardware - plus any specialty glass shops in your local Yellow Pages.

-Mark

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I've got no idea about any specific glass suppliers in the Greenville area. I got a great one in the Raleight area. You might try the phone book under Glass, I am sure that will turn up a bunch of leads. You might want to give these folks a call - http://www.binswangerglass.com/index.asp

Dave:)

DaveD

New User
Dave
If you want to upgrade the glass you can look for non reflective glass. You might try a picture framing place, although they may not sell the glass separately.

Google is your friend...search for 'greenville nc glass replacement'

Binswanger Glass Co‎ - more info »
1909 Rosemont Dr, Greenville, NC‎ - (252) 439-0767‎

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I have built frames for prints that were really important to me and took them to a picture framing gallery for assembly. I have had several 11x14 prints done including glass very reasonable.

gator

George
Corporate Member
Hi guys,

Also thinking about glass for some cabinets in the future.

Thanks,
Bryan

Just look in the yellow pages for a glass/mirror shop. I'm sure that a town the size of Greenville has one. For cabinets, I highly recommend that you use 'tempered' glass. If someone, especially a child, bumps into it and it breaks it is much safer than regular window glass.

George

lottathought

New User
Michael
If it is simply glass, Lowes or HD.

If you are looking for some sort of old, wavy or antique looking glass..
You can call the good folks up at Williamsburg VA.
My mom ordered a piece from them to replace a broken pane in a china cabinet.
In fact, you can send them a peice of a broken pane to allow them to see what you are looking for.

Sully

New User
jay
I've bought lexan from Mercer Glass

http://www.mercerglass.com/

They were easy to work with and very helpful. If you need something special they probably have it or can get it. Of course you could also use Lowes, Home Depot, Ace Hardware if you just need regular run of the mill glass.

J

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
You can buy Lexan at Lowes also. If you buy a large sheet, it cuts easily with sharp knife (box cutter), band saw or table saw.

Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS