Where to buy cheap Hardwood flooring ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marlin

New User
Marlin
My parents are building a log home (www.capefearloghomes.com) and I am trying to find them some hardwood flooring. They are in Atkinson NC (close to wilmington) but they could have it shipped if cheap. They are looking for basic rugged hardwood. They want it to be solid 3/4inch. But between the inspector and engineer they had to sink a lot of money in the foundation. They also have a big dog so the rugged oak/pine/maple/etc... will cover up and small marks.
I have found soem in the mid $2 mark but was hoping to find some maybe in NC and/or below $2 mark.

Thanks

DaveO

New User
DaveO
With a dog, you will want to stay away from Pine flooring. It's not hard enough to stand up to the claws. My in-laws have 200 year old Heart Pine flooring and three large dogs, they need to sand and refinish almost yearly (or should :roll:)
$1.99 a square is the best I have seen for decent Hardwood flooring, unless you can find someone clearing out a limited lot, I think that you'll be hard-pressed to find quality flooring much cheaper than that.
MTCW,
Dave:)

rhett

New User
rhett
I have had nothing but good luck with simplefloors.com. I did 2100 sq ft of Bamboo in Raleigh. When I moved back to KY, I put in 1700 sq ft of distressed Walnut. I have a 160 lb Mastiff and a pre distressed "rustic" is the way to go. They have excellent prices even with shipping, they are based on bundled loads, so if you are doing alot of floor, its worth checking out. They will send you free samples also. Good Luck.

dave "dhi"

New User
Dave
i bought my flooring from a place in wilmington. i bought chestnut for about 3-4 dollars less then anywhere else i looked. i looked for about 6 months also! i paid 3.29 a sqft for 3 1/4 wide boards pre-finished. find that somewhere else

http://www.midatlanticliquidators.com/ also bought my whirl pool tub there. cost $450 with delivery when same tub was $899 without delivery at homedepot. they buy over stock from the big box stores and sell wholesale! great deals! may have to wait n some flooring to get in stock, but call and ask for doug. he's a great help!

dave

Jim Murphy

New User
Fern HollowMan
I did my shop floor with this:

Don't let the sample piece fool you. Yes, there are pieces best suited for the fireplace, but the price is cheap enough to allow some burn. There are plenty of shorts, and some pieces with bungled end grooves, but they work well as starter pieces.

Since it was a shop, I wasn't concerned about looks, just durability, so very few pieces went into the waste. The burn marks and other foibles in the product just add to the character, and would be, IMO, well suited for the ambience of a cabin. I would NOT use this in a million dollar home. After sanding and three coats of Waterlox, it gets rave reviews and OOHS and AHHS.

And I paid $1.50/SF for my batch, apparently with the turn-down in housing there's a bit of a sale going on.

Marlin

New User
Marlin
Thanks everybody, Esp Dave. That place has soem oak for $2.50 a sq ft. They have a couple others for $2.99 but since they are close to my parents place they could pick it up and save the shipping.

They don;t list any tubs right now as I don;t think they bought that yet. But I also sent them some 10% off coupons for lowes.

Any other places keep them coming.

Thanks

dave "dhi"

New User
Dave
also check there cabin grade flooring if u wanna save more!

if i was you, id call, cause they dont update there listings daily!! great place to buy numerous things!

Marlin

New User
Marlin
^

Yea I saw that but all of the cabin grade was not enogh to do the whole first floor. But my parents might go by there and see what they have in stock. As you said they can;t update it every minute.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Marlin: If you're just looking for standard 2" oak flooring, check with Stallings Salvage in Monroe and Albemarle, NC. They sometimes have large quantities at great pricing. No guarantees, but if price is your main factor, they're worth a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS