Where to buy biscuit blade near Apex?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncguy77

New User
Jim
I need a generic Feud/CMT blade for my Dewalt biscuit joiner today and calls to big boxes came up dry. Anybody know where I can find one local?

donbake1

New User
Don
Try Ashcroft saw and tool at 3216 Wellington Ct. That's off Gresham Lake Rd in the I 540 and Capital Blvd area of Raleigh. 919 876 3223. They carry professional quality blades and knives at competitive prices. I just bought a Mamba Amana 12" miter saw blade last week for a little over $50. Much better balance and more carbide than the big box brands. Good folks and will UPS to you also. They also sharpen all blades and knives.

M

McRabbet

Try the Dewalt Service Center on North Capital Blvd about 1 mile north of the beltway.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Jim, what is wrong with old one. If it's dull, it can be sharpened. I have a spare (new) DeWalt that you can borrow and replace with the same. Bruce

ncguy77

New User
Jim
Thanks to McRabbet idea about dewalt service center i found a great place in RTP (Paynes) at HWy55/Hwy54 that had a generic Freud FI102 for only $26 versus Amazon $22 (and I would have had to order something else to meet $25 free shipping). Also they have practically every dewalt/makita/senco/hitachi item on the wall and floor with no crappy anti-theft cables attached. The prices seemed really good and I picked up 100 pack of PC #20 biscuits for 7$ (8$ amazon, i think 9$ at big box). Also it seemed like the service center was doing real service on some tools in the back that i saw through passthru window.

As to answer the question about why i needed a new one....I was anxious to get something done on some rare free time that i had. Blade is really old and has met up with the occasional nails and also quite a bit of Ipe which really hammered the carbide. Now I have a spare and I'll get it touched up at Raleigh Saw.

BTW, Ashcroft had a CMT blade for approx $40 compared to Amazon $16.

Lastly I saw a Delta contractor saw with Biessemeyer fence for 699. Looked kinda nice but i already have a cabinet saw. Dont know going price but it looked pretty nice.

edit...Hey McRabbet I just noticed your name is Payne...are you connected to the Paynes store?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS