Where things are

FlyingRon

Ron
I have a few comments so let me explain a few "translation" issues for the new software.

The PhotoPost gallery became Media.
Private Messages are now called Conversations (but they are in the little envelope up next to your user name).
The Articles are now Resources.

Speaking of the articles. Some of this did get lost in the translation. The stuff under "Needs Work" I need to find the stuff that they link to (mostly Berta's newsletters) and move those and fix them up. I should have that soon. Also lost in the shuffle were the titles and the authors of many of the articles. I've done a quick pass and made up titles for the ones that didn't have one. But if anybody wants to admit to having written one and wants their name put back on it, just let me know.

Some of you are finding that your browser wants to "help you" by sending you to a page that doesn't exist. Deleting your browsing history seems to help with that on Chrome (or just typing https://www.ncwoodworker.net many times so it gets the hint).

The user levels appear to be functional. There's no "visit frequency" criteria anymore. You just have to have been on the board sometime in the last month. The last major thing is to send out the DQ lists to the vendors. I should have this done over the next couple of days.

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
My hat is off to you Ron! I love the new platform! SO much easier to use and get around. After a bit of time getting used to it, I'm sure I won't even remember what the old site even looked like!

Thank you so much for all the hard work!

cobraguy

Clay
Corporate Member
What Mike said. New site is great and the hard work to get things running are very much appreciated!

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
Ron, where...er...how do I insert a poll for the monthly contest? I'm due to put one in. Is this a function that's available on this new and beautiful site?

FlyingRon

Ron
Ron, where...er...how do I insert a poll for the monthly contest? I'm due to put one in. Is this a function that's available on this new and beautiful site?
Any place you can "START NEW THREAD" there will be a "start a poll" link at the bottom of the place you'd normally type the post text in.

Barry W

Co-Director of Outreach
Barry
Corporate Member
Ron, many thanks for the many hours of work you have put into this project. Also, thank you for replying to all the questions directed to you.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS