Where is the best place to sell used woodworking tools?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Using the classifieds here will probably reach more woodworkers than Craigslist. Buy myself, I'd use both.

danw

New User
dan
Had great luck buying and selling on craigslist. If nothing else, you meet some characters.

redknife

Chris
Corporate Member
Our approach:
Tools that would have broad appeal to the DIY public: Facebook local buy sell. Can't tell you more - my wife's domain.
Tools that would have appeal mostly to woodworkers: 1)This site 2)Craigslist if it doesn't garner attention here
Tools that would have appeal to a select few individuals (niche or high end): Craigslist or ebay because of the broad exposure to find the interested few.
Priced realistically, things have sold. 60% retail if in like new condition, 50% good cond, 40% and lower - sub par condition
Not worth effort to sell: Habitat
If you google safe Craigslist selling you can become aware of common scams. Knock on wood, I've met only good people on every venue listed.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Bring small stuff to the picnic tomorrow - There will be give-away desks and for-sale desks. Put a price on them and your moniker and if its a good price you won't have to take it back home with you.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I don't think I can carry a woodmaster 712. But thank you for the suggestion.

It would make for a great demo though. But I bet the rangers might have rules against such a thing being brought into the park.:dontknow:

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Bring small stuff to the picnic tomorrow - There will be give-away desks and for-sale desks. Put a price on them and your moniker and if its a good price you won't have to take it back home with you.

You could bring small, hand tools to the picnic.

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
Our approach:
Tools that would have broad appeal to the DIY public: Facebook local buy sell. Can't tell you more - my wife's domain.
Tools that would have appeal mostly to woodworkers: 1)This site 2)Craigslist if it doesn't garner attention here
Tools that would have appeal to a select few individuals (niche or high end): Craigslist or ebay because of the broad exposure to find the interested few.
Priced realistically, things have sold. 60% retail if in like new condition, 50% good cond, 40% and lower - sub par condition
Not worth effort to sell: Habitat
If you google safe Craigslist selling you can become aware of common scams. Knock on wood, I've met only good people on every venue listed.

It is not a posts limit, rather a limitation on new accounts for the first 24 hours after registering. If you try again you should have sufficient privileges to post Classifieds.

Good luck!

Dawnke

New User
Dawn
It is not a posts limit, rather a limitation on new accounts for the first 24 hours after registering. If you try again you should have sufficient privileges to post Classifieds.

Good luck!

That's wonderful! The way I understood user was it had to be 60 days. I'll get all my ducks in a row and get the bigger tools posted this week! Thank you!

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
That's wonderful! The way I understood user was it had to be 60 days. I'll get all my ducks in a row and get the bigger tools posted this week! Thank you!

One of these days we need to update the old Policy document to bring it fully up to date, but we changed the new user requirements several years ago so that there is only a one day delay before one may begin listing items in the Classifieds.

Dawnke

New User
Dawn
You'll meet some characters here too if you stick around long enough! :D
Possibly but hopefully if some woman was murdered in Spring Hope by someone buying a large power tool others on this board would put two and two together. It wouldn't help me but maybe that person would be banned from buying again!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS