Where is the best place to buy cherry in NC?

demondeacon

Dave
Senior User
Have a project in mind and need to buy either 10/4 or 8/4 for the table legs and then 5/4 for the top and sides. I recall someone in the Hickory area that had a barn full of cherry would but have not been able to find the poster through the search function. I have noticed lots of forum members are very fond of the Hardwood Store. Gibsonville is a good 3 hour drive for me, which I will make it needed, but wonder if there are other good options.

demondeacon

Dave
Senior User
Thank you. I will head their way next week. Too bad I had not heard of them during football season as I went by Kernersville every Saturday it seems.

Echd

C
User
Wall lumber has been running a special on $250/100 bdft of "log run" cherry for a while. What I saw on the pallet up front looked nice. They also have more choices as well but if you need a bunch of it and can live with a little of a grab bag it might be an option.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
West Penn Hardwoods close by in Conover
Great folks, excellent selection and competitive prices

striker

New User
Stephen
local place to try is Fitzgerald wood products on Market street. Its been years since I"ve been there. They kinda cater to the building trade but I've gotten some larger planks there.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS