Where Can I Find Thin Beadboard Paneling or Planks - MDF (prefer) or Pine

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodworker2000

New User
Christopher
I am looking for 4'x8' beadboard paneling or 8' long planks for a wainscoting project. It will be painted and not in a moisture-prone area so MDF would work if it is available. I think I would prefer MDF because of its surface. It will be installed over existing drywall so I am thinking the thinner the better (1/4" would be ideal it if is available). I need 8' lengths with the beadboard running lengthwise. I also want it to have some detail so the "scored" paneling from Lowes/HD isn't what I am looking for. I have seen some pine plywood beadboard sheets (4'x8') at HD that may work for me but I would prefer something a little thinner and the surface seems like it will need to be sanded before it is painted. Does anyone have any ideas who might carry what I am looking for? Thanks.

EDIT: I may have found what I am looking for at The Hardwood Store (one of our advertisers). I didn't think of them at first because I was looking for mdf instead of real wood. Cheryl was very helpful and offered to send me some pictures of what they have. Hopefully, this works out for me.

Last edited:

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
If the material from the Hardwood Store doesn't work out I used the 4x8 sheets of pine beadboard from HD for a couple of bookcase backs. I did have to sand a bit and it was around 3/8" thick. (Maybe to thick for your purpose.)

100_4431.jpg

Wayne

patlaw

Mike
Corporate Member
I used some of the same beadboard from Lowe's, and it is good stuff. It definitely needs to be installed with rabbets, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS