Where can I find a Stanley Bailey #5 replacement handle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kooshball

David
Corporate Member
I have recently acquired an old Stanley Bailey #5 plane that has the top missing off the handle; where is a good source for a replacement handle?

Thanks

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
There is usually a guy at the spring MWTCA (MidWest Tool Collectors Association) meeting (I think its in Burlington) that makes totes and refurbishes them if you don't have one before then.

Go

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Send a PM to Ed Hobbs (aka hobbsed). He is the formal head of the MWTCA. Ed lives in Raleigh. I am sure he can hook you up with a local supplier.

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
If you don't mind cherry, I have a tote and knob for a 5 that I made. If you are interested, send me a pm and we will work out the details.

Mike

wghatcher

Greg
Senior User
I picked some up from a guy that sells them unfinished on ebay. His seller name is nicobie. They seem nice to me. He sells the tote and the knob separate. I got two sets for about the price of one from other sources.

Greg

willarda

New User
Bill Anderson
Ron Campbell in W. Columbia, SC, makes and refurbishes rosewood handles. I have bought replacements from him and his work is excellent and priced well. Plus he is a great repositiory of the nuances of handle desgin changes for Stanley planes. Don't think that their handles were generic! They varied the style and design quite often. So you need to match the plane (size and age) to the handle. Ron shows up at all of the MWTCA meets and will be in Hillsborough in January. You can call him at 803-755-1609. He has an email, but it is filled up right now (!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors