What'sit

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I have a "what'sit"
No makers marks and I do not have the adjustable (beam?) that goes in the diamond shaped hole...

I think I know, at least I have an idea, but looking for other smart people to confirm...

\ ˈsmärt \ -
Definition: a person who confirms your thoughts or opinions!
IMG_5721[1].JPG

IMG_5722[1].JPG

IMG_5723[1].JPG

Last edited:

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I FOUND IT! (at least a version of it)
Mine is of a slightly different manufacture...
And DOES NOT have a makers mark...

Wm Johnson Gasket cutter:
1612833283039.png

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Honestly,
I am thinking of trying to forge cutters, to try to make it as "period" as possible.
Planning to post it over on FB-Unplugged Woodworkers 1. to get more information and 2. see if there is any interest...

You see I bought "3 Antique Unusual Iron Tools" to obtain a LS Starrett 174 tap wrench.
My intention was to scrap the other parts, but when I got this out of the package, I decided it needed "rescuing"

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Haven't seen a tap wrench like that. I had to have a slightly larger one.

Vermont American 21903 19-Inch Length 1/2-Inch-1-1/8-Inch Profesional Tap and Reamer Wrench

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Hank considering some of the tools you have..... did elecriticity even exist when you were young ? :p

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Note to self - change your signature line - "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should..."

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
When one of my Nephews found my slide rule they asked what it was for. I showed them it was what we used to do advanced math like square roots and alike....... their response "They didn't have electricity when you were young? ..... gotta love the youngin's

Ah, E- lec- atrocity? I dunno...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS