Corporate Member
Picked up a trailer today, and it had 10 to 15 planks of this wood:

IMG_0060.JPG

Any guesses as to what it is?

bbrown

Bill
User
Is it hard or soft?
If hard probably maple; if soft could be poplar. Any greenish streaks - that's common in poplar.

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member
My guess is maple too . Have pictures of the stack/ other pieces?

When I clean out the trailer I'll get pics of the stack / other pieces.

Thanks for everyone's input, Maple seems to be the consensus. No greenish streaks in it that I saw.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
My guess would be maple too. Poplar is so common that a glue up to those dimensions should be unnecessary.

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member
thanks everyone, I'm going to call it Maple :) No the really hard question, what to do with 46 board feet of Maple when you weren't intending to get some maple.....

Jeff

New User
Jeff
thanks everyone, I'm going to call it Maple :) No the really hard question, what to do with 46 board feet of Maple when you weren't intending to get some maple.....

So the trailer came with the wood in it as a bonus? What were you intending to get with the trailer? Teak?

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member
So the trailer came with the wood in it as a bonus? What were you intending to get with the trailer? Teak?

I bought from a sign guy retiring, and it came with some HDU pieces, PVC sheet pieces, and some plexi. The wood was just an added bonus.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
I bought from a sign guy retiring, and it came with some HDU pieces, PVC sheet pieces, and some plexi. The wood was just an added bonus.

Ok, an added bonus for you. Now you have to find a use for 46 bf of soft maple (red maple). The Hardwood Store charges $3.25/bf for soft maple.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors