What wax?

cyclopentadiene

Update your profile with your name
User
No one has any idea what was in JPW?

On cars, there are the new generations of "ceramic" waxes. Won't burn. Easier and more durable than carnauba.
Chemical guys recommends the ceramic after wax.
Step1 strip all finishes with wipeout (after washing)
Step 2 cutting cmpd
Step 3 protectant
Step 4 wax
Step 5 glaze
Step 6 quick detailer (ceramic)

The step 5 glaze may or may not contain ceramic. Steps 2-5 are applied with a random orbit finisher and buffed off with microfiber towels

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
Seems like it’s a few different types of waxes and naphtha:

Ah, thanks. Carnauba, Paraffin and whatever "micro crystalline" is. Napha is probably why they stopped making it. I suspect they want 50 state products and the left coast might have complained.

Got a can of beeswax today and I will play with it. A bit down as the Omicron booster kind of kicked my my butt this morning.

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
Chemical guys recommends the ceramic after wax.
Step1 strip all finishes with wipeout (after washing)
Step 2 cutting cmpd
Step 3 protectant
Step 4 wax
Step 5 glaze
Step 6 quick detailer (ceramic)

The step 5 glaze may or may not contain ceramic. Steps 2-5 are applied with a random orbit finisher and buffed off with microfiber towels
Someone wants to sell a lot of products and services. I don't know who those guys are, but I sure would not let them touch my car.

spartyon8

Peter
User
I am near the end of my JPW as well. I bought some t9 Boeshield from Klingspor's but my table had rust spots on it the next day. Needless to say, I was disappointed. Now that my table has rust stains I was thinking of putting a dab of Odie's on and buffing it. Anyone try Odie's? It says it can be used on metal. I was also thinking of trying my go to gun cleaner/protectant (Frog Lube). It melts into the pores and then you buff off the excess like with Odie's.

cyclopentadiene

Update your profile with your name
User
Details garage does all of the training for Hendrick dealerships. They also detail the Hendrick Nascar team cars and detail the cars for many of the Charlotte Panthers. The class I attended had 5 Hendrick employees getting their weeklong detailing certification. I only took the paint correction and polishing course. There is no pressure to purchase the chemical guys products.

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
I am near the end of my JPW as well. I bought some t9 Boeshield from Klingspor's but my table had rust spots on it the next day. Needless to say, I was disappointed. Now that my table has rust stains I was thinking of putting a dab of Odie's on and buffing it. Anyone try Odie's? It says it can be used on metal. I was also thinking of trying my go to gun cleaner/protectant (Frog Lube). It melts into the pores and then you buff off the excess like with Odie's.
There was recently an on-line test of several anti-rust products, including T9. ( did not do that well). I think the WD-40 "special rust protectant" did the best. I have always use JPW. I do like T9 as a dry lubricant as that is it's primary function.

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
Details garage does all of the training for Hendrick dealerships. They also detail the Hendrick Nascar team cars and detail the cars for many of the Charlotte Panthers. The class I attended had 5 Hendrick employees getting their weeklong detailing certification. I only took the paint correction and polishing course. There is no pressure to purchase the chemical guys products.
I still would not let them touch my car. There is no need to use abrasives all the time unless you consider your car throw-away and don't care about the paint. FWIW, I have been involved with vintage cars for many years and hung around shops who have produced 99 point cars. The ceramic coatings are designed to be used on bare paint, not over a wax.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors