What type of Shoes to you wear in your Workshop?

rcarmac

Board of Directors, Secretary
Robert
Staff member
Corporate Member
What type of shoes do you were in your workshop. Boots, sneakers, croc, etc.

I have a concrete floor with mats, but starting to arch issues.
Just wondering what others are doing

Robert166

robert166
Corporate Member
Brooks Running shoes with insoles and foam mats. But I still get sore feet after a few hours. Diabetes probably has a lot to do with it as well.

Willemjm

Willem
Corporate Member
Only shoes I wear, everywhere are Doc Martens. In the shop I use their boots. They seem to last forever, concrete floor has never bothered me. I replace them when the soles are worn down from riding motorcycles due to dragging my feet at the stop signs.

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Being naturally clumsy and now with "old man issues" (my hands just don't hand sometimes) so work boots with orthotic inserts are my choice. I've dropped chisels and who knows what all yet I still have all my toes. At the lathe where I may easily stand for over an hour I have a rubber mat which helps a lot.

rcarmac

Board of Directors, Secretary
Robert
Staff member
Corporate Member
I don’t think I am as much worried about dropping something on my feet as I am about standing. With an un-air conditioned shop, I tend to be in shorts and boots are too hot

nn4jw

New User
Jim
Depends on what I'm doing out there. Normally I just wear my everyday Brooks Beasts running shoes. If I plan on doing more risky stuff I wear steel toed sneakers or steel toed boots. Every workstation has foam mats to stand on so as a rule the concrete floors don't bother me all that much.

JohnnyR

John
Corporate Member
Only shoes I wear, everywhere are Doc Martens. In the shop I use their boots. They seem to last forever, concrete floor has never bothered me. I replace them when the soles are worn down from riding motorcycles due to dragging my feet at the stop signs.
Maybe you should invest in some brake pads;)

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
Merrell men's Jungle Moc slip-ons. They're super comfortable and so far have been wearing great! I love them so much I got a second pair when they came on sale.

Mark Johnson

Mark
Corporate Member
I use Sketchers steel toed shoes. My floor is concrete with no pads at work stations. The shoes have lots of cushion, and the steel toes are just habit from having dropped things on my feet before.

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Generally what ever is on my feet, and sometimes that’s nothing. That said, when working with power tools, and doing heavy work or teaching I protect My feet with a good work shoe. I have had a chisel fall and penetrate into the wooden floor. After seeing how far it went into floor helped me realize that I was one oops away from sidelining myself.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS