What to do about the Ryobi table saw tracks.

JpHess

New User
Pat
I’m trying to make a crosscut sled for my table saw. Ive tried to make the runners out of some SPF I have lying around I can’t seem to get the runners right. I’m wondering if it’s worth it to just say screw it and file the tabs off. Really like the saw it’s perfect for my weekend projects but those tabs seem like a solution to a problem that didn’t exist.

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Welcome aboard Pat - a picture or two might help here, as I can't quite follow what the issue is. Tabs? Runners I think I understand, but I don't know what the tabs are

JpHess

New User
Pat
A4D83A99-1411-4896-A134-8B98310C0A3C.jpeg
A1832CE9-0C8A-43EA-B2DC-25739D265CC2.jpeg

this is what I was trying to describe.

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
So that looks like a miter track on the table of a TS, but it is not a consistent width?
Yes those 'tabs' are puzzling; I have no idea why they'd do that or how to work around that - seems like almost any saw i have seen has at least a presumed consistent width (within machining tolerances). Of course this looks like a stamped or formed table, but the design is puzzling to me. Maybe some one else can enlighten us. Sorry can't really help.

mdbuntyn

Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
Before you file off the tabs, consider finding a couple of Ryobi miter gauges to use as the runners, or make your own:

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Before you file off the tabs, consider finding a couple of Ryobi miter gauges to use as the runners, or make your own: ....
Ohhhh now I get it (bit slow here!); that is a T-track slot where the 'T' does not run the entire length.
I can see an advantage to that, but way more disadvantages.
I'd make (or buy) T-type miter bars.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS