What time is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
I'm seeing posts logged in on my screen an hour ahead of the actual time. Do we have a clock issue? My computer is set for EST.

FlyingRon

Ron
Seems OK to me. Go to SETTINGS...General Settings and make sure you're in the right time zone (GMT-5).

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
Check you PC's clock as any error in your system clock can be reflected in the times you see on your screen (there is a JavaScript routine that runs within your web browser that performs the time corrections on the fly based upon your local clock).

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
For reference, this was posted at 11:08 on the 21st. That's EST and approximate.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
And it shows int he post bar on my screen as having been posted at 12:08 PM. My screen clock and OS clock are set at GMT-5, EST. This happened one time before some years back but I don't remember the fix or outcome.
Oh, well. I guess I'll just enjoy the time travel........ :D

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
Dennis,

The issue will almost certainly be with your system clock as I just logged in as you and can verify that times are all displayed correctly, which confirms that the user settings, server and site settings are correctly configured on your account. Every issue we have ever had with regard to wrong times has either been someone changing the default server-side time zone on their user control panel (which is ruled out, you are fine there) or, much more often, issues with their system clock settings (incorrect time, time zone, DST settings, etc.). You can also have some issues if, for some reason, JavaScript support has been disabled in your web browser as this will foul the local time detection routine most likely resulting in you seeing the native server time, which is CST as it is based in Texas...however JavaScript support should always be enabled for this site as there are many areas that depend upon such for proper operation.

The actual displayed times are all set relative to the client-side clock so any misconfiguration there will distort the displayed times. You may also wish to try another PC or mobile device for a moment to see the result.

But please let us know your findings when you have identified the cause as I certainly would like to know if it turns out to be anything other than the above.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
It probably should show that time since you are in the Central Time Zone. Posted times should always reflect the time at the recipient IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS