WHAT?!?!? Steelex 15" planer w/helical cutterhead from Grizzly for ... $328 ... shipped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brogan

New User
Clearly the pricing was a mistake and they have adjusted the orders to reflect the new price.

attachment.php

They can't do that of course, as the original order price and total was not that.

At best they can cancel but there's no way they can charge that amount without some sort of notification.

I'll contact them now and I suspect there are going to be a lot of cancelled orders ...

Attachments

• planer.PNG
    planer.PNG
    28.8 KB · Views: 239

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Looks like Grizzly figured out their mistake. My online order information now shows the price as $1,795 plus shipping and lift gate charges. Also showing the planer on backorder.

So they just changed the price and, so far, haven't sent any email explaining the change.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. :D

Rushton

Rush
Senior User
Yes, fun while it lasted. At least they were prompt in confirming my cancellation request email.

dazart

New User
Steve
Darn it - I didn't know about the liftgate thing. I have a pretty steep driveway. I wonder if I can add that onto my order? (Assuming they don't cancel it)

Stuart Kent

Stuart
Senior User
have little faith in this happening - but I agree - nothing ventured, nothing gained. If they do honor it, there will be several happy woodworkers around here. If not, they simply refund it. They cannot legally charge an unauthorized price. We'll see how it pans out...

Stuart Kent

Stuart
Senior User
by the way, I just refreshed the grizzly page and the planer isn't listed at all... I'm now in the expecting a refund email' ​camp...

dazart

New User
Steve
Well, since it's on backorder anyhow, I won't cancel the order to see what they do until I see the charge hit my credit card. Then I'll call. :D

I wonder how many orders they got for it? :rotflm:

Xlogger

New User
Ricky
They have charged my card for $328 includes shipping. It will work good with the load of pecan lumber I just took out of kiln.

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Nice! Didn't think any of these purchases were going to go through. Still might not, they could just issue a refund.

Let's see if you get a shipping confirmation. That would be great.

Stuart Kent

Stuart
Senior User
curious, did anyone that ordered get an 'in stock' or 'ship date' or 'shipping confirmation' - or did everyone just submit credit card info for an out of stock sale item?

ck1999

Chris
User
When I placed my order this morning, they said it was in stock in Missouri. I paid via Paypal, so they cannot charge me more. They can however still cancel order.

Chris

Opensightryan

New User
Ryan
it was in stock when i ordered. not in Washington but at their other warehouse (Missouri I think). I used amazon pay but they wait to charge that when they ship so we'll see, I doubt anything will come of it other than them giving you the choice of buying it at normal price or refund. Maybe those that have been actually charged might have a slightly better shot at getting it but we'll have to see. Even though they are a large company who would be able to absorb the loss no problem, and if the tables were turned they would take the opportunity, I am still taking advantage of a mistake. A mistake that I cannot possible construe as anything other than one. If they do honor these prices I need remember that someone there is going to be paying for the mistake, and I'm going to guess they would pay hard.

We'll have to see what happens but this does blunt the excitement for me a bit. (This is all internal dialog and I am not and will not project any of this on anyone else)

Willemjm

Willem
Corporate Member
LOL, only in America.:rotflm:

An employee makes a mistake and everyone tries to get the employer to deliver to their benefit based on the error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS