What I've been working on lately...Mo' pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Re: What I've been working on lately...

That looks really, really good. The joints are excellent, is the groove and stub tenon already glued?

Bas.

The groove and stub tenon is already glued. I made this as panels that then attach together with the pocket screws and glue. The long grain glue surface will give me the strength, but the pocket screws are much easier than clamping up the angled pieces.
Dave:)

DaveO

New User
DaveO

All the joinery looks really great but I gotta ask; what's a bearded dragon? I must assume it's some sorta plant, but when my wife started menopause a few years back she coulda been named that too. I don't think she woulda fit the case.

Dennis you better hope that your wife doesn't steal your log in info :lol::lol: and read that. But funny as heck nonetheless :rolf:
Bearded dragons are a kind of lizard -
BeardedDragonKillerGrown.jpg

What you do with them I don't know, I guess keep them in nice cages ?:-D?:-D:lol::lol:

Dutchman

New User
Buddy

Looking good Dave. I like your joinery. The way you did that corner is much nicer and cleaner than using an angled cleat. :icon_thum

DaveO

New User
DaveO

No :oops::oops::oops: I've been too lazy to get into the shop after getting my daughter to bed :oops::oops: I'll hopefully get a bunch done this weekend :eusa_pray:eusa_pray

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member

I see...... Didja ever hear the expression 'pearls before swine'? I doubt that thing will ever appreciate the effort you've put into his?? domicile. No matter. It'll be a good looking case when you're done. As for the sliding glass track, try a professional glazer. They use this all the time for sliding glass panels at business & medical offices. It's available in mill finish aluminum and some anodized colors like bronze.

DaveO

New User
DaveO

I would like to keep it all wood as much as possible. I am thinking of some grooved stock with mitered corners, so one end can be removed to replace the glass if it was to get damaged. I have done similar using Plexiglas, and it worked great.
I have never met the lizards, but I know that the lady I am making them for will really appreciate the time that has gone into them. She searched out a custom furniture maker to make them verse just buying one of the plywood things that are available for sale all over the Web. She wants a piece of furniture, that just happens to be a lizard cage also.

Big Mike

New User
Mike

Dennis you better hope that your wife doesn't steal your log in info :lol::lol: and read that. But funny as heck nonetheless :rolf:
Bearded dragons are a kind of lizard -
BeardedDragonKillerGrown.jpg

What you do with them I don't know, I guess keep them in nice cages ?:-D?:-D:lol::lol:

I am not sure but I may have dated this lizard's mama in college.....

NZAPP1

New User
Nick

Red Oak ply from the BORG :)oops:)

Lowe's I hope:lol::lol::lol: Looking good Dave :icon_thum I will be posting some pictures of my latest projects soon as I find the camera :BangHead:

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith

Dave, that is one sharp piece! I like how you did those corner joints. Are the stub tenons RO also?

Scott

Last edited:

DaveO

New User
DaveO

looks good anymore progress?

A little :oops:, it seemed to take me forever to do the trim on the top and to apply the laminate to the bottom panel and trim it out. But I did get something done today. First time working with Formica type laminate, and I like it, much easier than working with veneers.
Obligitory pic -

Lizard_cages_WIP_004.jpg

The other one looks just like it :-D. I hope to start on the cabinets they sit on tomorrow.

Jon

New User
Jon Todd

looks really nice. Did you enjoy your time working on it?

DaveO

New User
DaveO

looks really nice. Did you enjoy your time working on it?

Thanks, Yes & No. It's woodworking and that I enjoy, but I have to do it, so it's not as enjoyable as something that I am doing because it want to. But still better than a good day at work.

jaustin

john
Corporate Member

looks nice dave, i also wold like to know how you did the angle corners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors