What I've Been Up To

Status
Not open for further replies.

flatheadfisher

New User
Michael
I haven't posted any pictures in a long time so I thought I'd catch up. The last time I posted, I had bought a new router table on Craig's List. I never posted some pics so here they are:

735818760_g3dD4-XL.jpg

735818318_59yY4-XL.jpg

735818551_rmz2q-XL.jpg

I am learning how to use the router table. I really like the ability to change the plane of attack.

I last posted about working on my work remodeling my bathroom. That all got delayed when a pipe in my house busted - under the concrete slab. I have since finished the bathroom - floor and all. Thanks for all the help about how to remove the toilet. Here is the finished cabinet:

735819466_H8vYu-X2.jpg

735819119_w9zUj-X2.jpg

I used the router table to make the breadboard ends on the cabinet door. But, I still used a block plane to chambfer the edges of the door & drawers - I just like doing that...

I did use the router table to round off the cutting boards below. I used it to make the recessed hand-holds also. This was so much easier than doing it with a jig and a hand-held router. I just clamped some stops on the fence. I still have to do more sanding.

735818006_gPzus-X2.jpg

Here is a picture of a walnut & maple cutting board I am working on. I am going to put end-grain maple down the long sides to give it a "box-joint look."

735820615_iitgo-XL.jpg

I am making some lap-desk type things for gifts. Here is one that is purpleheart and maple:

735819839_8cvne-X2.jpg

Here is another that is cherry & mahogany:

735820235_y6pN8-XL.jpg

I used the router table to make the ends of these too. I still have to round off the edges and finish sanding. I haven't figured out what I want to do for handles on these yet.

Thanks for looking!

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Looks great Michael, you're putting that router table to good use. I'm intrigued by your use of the router table to make the cutting board recesses. I always use a jig and a guide bushing, easy to set up but the router table is even easier. Brilliant!

That cabinet came out good too, and I like the look of that unconventional door actually.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Michael you sure have been a busy boy. Nice router table setup.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Michael,

Looks like you've made excellent use of that router table. Those cutting boards are outstanding. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

I have a cutting board that I just glued up and the long sides are staggered a little. Though about using a router table to true them up. Either that or the TS. :eusa_thin

timf67

New User
Tim
Michael,

Looks like you've made excellent use of that router table. Those cutting boards are outstanding. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

I have a cutting board that I just glued up and the long sides are staggered a little. Though about using a router table to true them up. Either that or the tablesaw. :eusa_thin

Trent, I usually use the tablesaw to true up the sides and a 2" piloted flush trim router bit for rounding the corners. You just need a template or straight edge and the flush trim bit does a great job.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
You've been quite busy. That explains all that steam I saw rising over Pfafftown way.

flatheadfisher

New User
Michael
Tom, that steam you saw was probably coming out of my ears when I figured out I had a busted pipe under the slab!

I am learning how to use the router table but I have a long way to go. I do like the breadboard ends. I am not sure if they will keep the lap desks I have been making flat or not. Here is a picture of the lap desk that I have almost finished:

737565044_fVUeN-X3.jpg

It is made out of mahogany and figured cherry.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Mice score on the table Michael:icon_thum and some great work coming off it also:eusa_clap I have a question if you don't mind - When you use the BW for the blocks - what finish are you using for them

Matt Schnurbusch

New User
Matt
You are making some very nice pieces there. I really like that router table. The ability to have a horizontal & vertical router in one tool would be nice. It certainly would make me do some rearranging to fit it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS