What is your record for waiting on a part from Grizzly?

blackhawk

Brad
Corporate Member
What is the current record for waiting on a spare part from Grizzly? My last personal record was 6 months. I have a part on backorder right now going on 8 months. I called yesterday and they told me to give it another 6-8 weeks! Yea, that is what they told me when I called in May. I've always had a good experience with Grizzly except when you need a spare part, rarely is a part ever in stock. The part below is even listed online and in the catalog.

Capture.JPG

gator

George
Corporate Member
Don't know if it the Pademic or the China policy ut many many thigs are slow right now. My wife has been complaining all summer. She orders things for birthdays and Christmas on line well in advance ( her Christmas gift shopping is done already). 90% of her deliveries take 3-6 months this year. One item took 8 months. The new normal?

Martin Roper

Martin
Senior User
I waited on a part "on backorder" from Jet for three months only to be told it had been discontinued. Why didn't they know this when I placed the order?

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
I would just make one. The only MDF I have are 2 wheels I made one with leather glued to it and the other is a sharpening wheel used with polishing compound.

But right now everyone is having issues with material delivery from China

blackhawk

Brad
Corporate Member
Where I work, we build servo and stepper motors. We buy a lot of materials from China, especially magnets. At the height of the pandemic in China, we had delays of shipments by about 4-6 weeks. Since June, we have not had any problem getting our supplies out of China, it may take an extra 1 to 2 weeks above normal from a handful of suppliers. At least in my industry, the pandemic in China has not been that much of a factor.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS