What have you given as a wedding gift?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
If you are into turning.

I made a pair of pens out of green died maple blanks in a nice engraved wooden box for my daughter and soninlaw to use at the sign in registry at their wedding.

100_3154.jpg

100_3155.jpg

Wayne

thsb

New User
Tim
whatever you do, don't ask them what kind of color they want it :) unless you want to learn dying techniques.....

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
Well, since we haven't said it had to be woodworking specifically...

For my sister's wedding I made all the candles and prepared all their music (arranged per their request, sound levels normalized, then pre-faded and burned to CDs for them to play unattended). After their wedding I digitized all their photos (2002 was largely pre-digital photo wise), then printed all the copies for them to share with family.

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
For my daughter, I made the cake and scroll sawed a plaque with their names, the date and some wedding bells etc. When they divorced, we burned the plaque, so it served double duty! :gar-Bi

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Do you know much about their tastes, likes, and dislikes in wood products or other decorative items? That may provide some insight about what they would use.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
A cherry wine cabinet for my niece. And set up a web site with the pictures I took at their wedding reception.

Damage1_598x800_.jpg

gator

George
Corporate Member
For my niece, I made a felt lined two-compartment walnut box to hold the champagne glasses they toasted with at the wedding. Little brass plaque on top with names and wedding date.

George

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
For my best friend's youngest brother, a pig pickin. Of course that meant I had to build a pig cooker first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors