What else do I need? Vacuum veneering

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
OK, Got a nice little vac pump. I see how to make a fitting for a bag, can figure out the bag. I have made a shaped buck for the cold form ply, made a backing board with channels and have some mesh for airflow. What I need is to connect the pump to the bag. I have some old sturdy air line that should hold up to a vacuum. What I don't have is any clue what the fitting on the pump is. Are they standard? It has two, one large, one small. I did not buy a complete HVAC manifold set.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Who's the manufacturer of the pump and what is the model number?

OK, Got a nice little vac pump. I see how to make a fitting for a bag, can figure out the bag. I have made a shaped buck for the cold form ply, made a backing board with channels and have some mesh for airflow. What I need is to connect the pump to the bag. I have some old sturdy air line that should hold up to a vacuum. What I don't have is any clue what the fitting on the pump is. Are they standard? It has two, one large, one small. I did not buy a complete HVAC manifold set.

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
Generic HVAC pump. Zeny VP125. I am guessing I need a "yellow" line and can cut the far end off for a barb fitting to the bag fitting.

Jeff

New User
Jeff

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
1/4" flare is a common size of fitting, and nuts can be found at the BORGS. Just a short piece of 1/4" copper tubing, then convert to rubber hose.You will need a FILTER. For a filter, I use a METAL , not plastic, fuel filter that matches 1/4" rubber fuel hose. Lowes sells 1/4" fuel hose in ten foot lengths for about half of what it will cost at auto parts stores. One of the nice things about your HVAC vac pump is in can continous run for hours. You will need to change the oil every once in a while, using vacuum pump oil. Vacumm pump oil is free from any moisture, so keep lid on bottle when not in use.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS