What are these used for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rickc

One of the interesting thing about going to auctions and sales occurs when you get a box full of items. This happened to me this weekend. I had lost my vice grips and was about to pick a set up out of a box when the host explained pricing. He pointed at the box I was looking in, and said - for example that box is $5. So I got all of the items below.

tools.JPG

However, I also ended up with two things whose intended use, I do not know. One a saw and the other a set of some type of cutters. Can anyone tell me what the saw is intended for? And the cutters - they look like they are used to cut tabs in sheet metal?
what.jpg

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I don't know exactly what the saw is designed for, but I would suspect cutting of some material :lol: :lol: . The other I believe is for crimping sheet metal for duct work. Nice score, all that for $5. Dave:)

Phillip

New User
Phillip Fuentes
i gotta guess at the saw, i would say the curved blade is for starting a cut in the middle of a panel, or flooring. the short angled section could then be used for cutting right up to a wall. i believe daveo is right about the crimpers, useful for metal ductwork. great score for $5.

phillip

R

rickc

Thanks folks! Thinking about it, both suggestions make sense. Even the "cutting something!":lol: As long as it ain't flesh - I'll be happy!:saw:

R

rickc

Thank you - that's it alright! I appreciate the help. Boy - if I ever have to cut into a floor I have just the right tool! Thanks again!

brenthenze

New User
Brent Henze
rcorne01 said:
Boy - if I ever have to cut into a floor I have just the right tool! Thanks again!

No, you're thinking about it all wrong. You have the tool...now go find a floor to cut into!

R

rickc

Oh yeah - I forgot one of the woodworker's commandments: There is always a project waiting to be done, (or thought of!), that will justify the purchase of a tool!

Silly me!:lol:

R

rickc

Ah - the corrallary (sp?) - have it be a project FOR the love of your life!:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS