What are essential planes to have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Thanks Randy, that is a wealth of information. I like a guy that jumps in on his second post and really provides something worthwhile...I haven't yet:lol: :lol: :lol:

You may become our new HT guru:cool: I appreciate your input.
Dave:)

Monty

New User
Monty
Yep, this has turned into a really good thread. This addresses a very common question that every woodworker has at some point. Even if you have every power tool known to man, it won't always do the best job, or may not be as efficient as a good hand tool. Heck, even Norm is spotted using a hand tool from time to time!

Now, Brandon -- you can't back out on us! After all this helpful information, you've got to let us know how your HT habit is going!

As an aside: I used to monitor eBay plane auctions pretty closely, and when I found a "shady" item I would sometimes post it in the HT forums on Woodnet. The reason I did that is that I think it's very informative to learn from some of these auctions, and to see how they turn out. Maybe we can post a couple here sometimes -- sort of a "what's wrong with this picture?" kind of game.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Great input Randy, thanks.:icon_thum This is the kind of input we all enjoy reading to helps us learn.

D L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS