What am I supposed to do with this...

Gotcha6

Dennis
Corporate Member
It always gives me a bit of emotional connection to do something like that. Also, I tend to enjoy it more when I use it.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Corporate Member
It's always amazing to me to see how well designed these old machines are that they withstand the ravages of time and use. I doubt you would see very little difference in a new machine bought today along those lines. Of course, getting into CNC is another breed of cat, but even that is simply a souped up version of what you see here.
I once read a story about American POWs in Japan that made a hand held fully working miniature metal lathe while in camp. That required some dedication and patience given the limited resources they would have had.

Chris C

Chris
Senior User
If nothing else it's given me an appreciation for my set of drift pins that I've had a long time and seldom used...

Jeremy Scuteri

Jeremy
Staff member
Corporate Member
Quite a difference from what you brought home on the trailer. Nice work. I've enjoyed seeing the process and pics.

Chris C

Chris
Senior User
Ferrules... Plane parts.. Screws, etc. Who knows what else. At this point it's just something to play with.

My oldest son collects.. of all things...Ping golf putters. He has expressed a desire to make his own so I'm thinking a mill is in our future. With both those machines he'll be in business. I told him he could have a corner in the shop.

Wow, that thing is a beast! Nice job restoring it.

What will you use it for?

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS