WG Disease Moving West

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

McRabbet

:crybaby2: Sad to report that Woodguy Disease has moved west to the mountains. 2 boxes arrived today from Amazon.com with my Christmas presents, including a new Milwaukee 5625-20 3-1/2 HP VS router. What a weapon! :qright5: But, I don't get it for 3 more weeks ... bummer. (Also got a spare Rousseau Router Table Plate, a 1/4 collet and 2 Danny Proulx books -- real bummer is that he's no longer with us).

BTW, IMHO, Amazon is a great place for bargains -- Router was $258.99 delivered with no contribution to the Easley trust fund.

McRabbet

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Don't forget to report your purchases to Easly Trust Fund when you do your taxes this year. You know that consumer use tax thing. Every year, I faithly send them my $1.00, with a 37 cent stamp. (Next year it will be 39 cents.)

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Sounds like you got a sweet haul. How do you like the Rousseau plates? I am thinking of getting that for my, yet to be built, router table. It is quite a shock that Danny Proulx, just up and died at a woodworkers expo. I have long enjoyed his articles in Cabinetmaker. Oh yea, YOU SUCK. Dave:)

cskipper

Cathy
Congrats on your new toys. Waiting will be tough. I am planning to be up your direction on Sunday afternoon. I'm glad you warned me that WG disease has made it's way up there. I'll know to be extra careful!

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
DaveO said:
Sounds like you got a sweet haul. How do you like the Rousseau plates? I am thinking of getting that for my, yet to be built, router table. It is quite a shock that Danny Proulx, just up and died at a woodworkers expo. I have long enjoyed his articles in Cabinetmaker. Oh yea, YOU SUCK. Dave:)

I've got two of thes plates and have been pleased with them. I think they are a good value for the money. I keep one with the fixed base for my PC 690 mounted in it and have the other on my Milwaukee 3-1/2 HP. For multi bit operations I can keep one set up in each and swap the entire assembly in a couple of seconds. The removeable inserts are nice, the small will even take a PC buide bushing and the large allows for a big raised panel bit. Yank the whole thing out of the router table and use it handheld and you have a nice oversized base.

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
McRabbet said:
:crybaby2: Sad to report that Woodguy Disease has moved west to the mountains. 2 boxes arrived today from Amazon.com with my Christmas presents, including a new Milwaukee 5625-20 3-1/2 HP VS router. What a weapon! :qright5: But, I don't get it for 3 more weeks ... bummer. (Also got a spare Rousseau Router Table Plate, a 1/4 collet and 2 Danny Proulx books -- real bummer is that he's no longer with us).

BTW, IMHO, Amazon is a great place for bargains -- Router was $258.99 delivered with no contribution to the Easley trust fund.

McRabbet

You will enjoy that machine but you aren't done yet. You aren't going to use old router bits with a shiny new router are you. :lol:

M

McRabbet

Steve D said:
I've got two of thes plates and have been pleased with them. I think they are a good value for the money. I keep one with the fixed base for my PC 690 mounted in it and have the other on my Milwaukee 3-1/2 HP. For multi bit operations I can keep one set up in each and swap the entire assembly in a couple of seconds. The removeable inserts are nice, the small will even take a PC buide bushing and the large allows for a big raised panel bit. Yank the whole thing out of the router table and use it handheld and you have a nice oversized base.

I hate to sound like a copy-cat, but I'm doing the same thing; I have a Rousseau plate that I've used with my PC 690/PC 693 in my router table and bought the second one for the new Milwaukee to allow for easy exchanges. I added a Router Raiser to my 693 base and it doesn't perform well because of lousy bushings in the 693 (perhaps the fact that I dropped it once and bent the original screw rod might be a contributing factor :eusa_doh: ). I really like the Rousseau plate because it is slightly crowned and the removable rings improve DC efficiency and t was only $26.69 from Amazon.com!

sapwood

New User
Roger
Ho Ho Ho and Merry Xmas McRabbet!

It would be a shame to wrap that stuff up and tear into it again 8-O
I promise I won't tell Mrs. McRabbet :eusa_shhh

And continue posting public health advisories about the rampartly expanding Woodguy Disease. Phil Capper probably thinks it won't get to Robbinsville :lol:

Alarmed,
Sapwood

P

PrplHrtJarHead

Warning from the Center for Disease Control, Atlanta HQ:
160010ZULU200512

East coast now over ridden with highly volitile contagion.

NC seen as ground zero for new found virus named NCWW2005, commonly known as Woodguy Disease. Epidemic exploded rapidly across local boundries and is considered to be the next global pandemic.

As this infectious virus spreads by every means, it is believed to be the most highly contagious affliction known to man. It primarily affects males, ages 6-80, although it will sometimes manifest in select female species of approximate age range.

New, daily reports of contagion spreading by various means, including but not limited to: viewing wood related products, tools and accessories from on-line sources, magazines, catalogs, stores and organized events.

Most Dangerous Course of Contamination: It appears due to prolific internet exposure among demographic previously disclosed, that this media must be considered the quickest means of the contagion spreading.

NO KNOWN CURE. POTENTIAL EXISTS FOR SEVERE FINANCIAL SETBACKS. FATALITIES NOT LIKELY, HOWEVER HIGHLY PROBABLE IN EXTREME CASES DUE TO SPOUSAL INTERVENTION.

FAMILIES WITH MORE THAN ONE MALE SHOULD QUARANTINE YOUNGER MALES OR RISK EXPOSURE TO ALL MEMBERS OF NUCLEAR FAMILY.

FAMILIES WITH HIGHLY ADVANCED DISEASE IN SINGLE MALE, WHERE NO MALE OFFSPRING ARE PRESENT BUT HAVE ONE OR MORE YOUNG FEMALE OFFSPRING, SHOULD TAKE APPROPRIATE PROTECTIVE MEASURES.

END PANDEMIC WARNING.

RETURN TO THIS SITE FOR SPECIFIC UPDATES////

cskipper

Cathy
I hope the CDC considered the serious ramifications of both adults (again, the term is used loosely) in a single family being infected.

P

PrplHrtJarHead

cskipper said:
I hope the CDC considered the serious ramifications of both adults (again, the term is used loosely) in a single family being infected.

Yes, unfortunately, I cut and paste as well as I take pictures.:oops:

That will be in the "specific update" to follow.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Mike, that's classic!

:rolf: :rotflm: ROFLMAOSTC (rolling on floor laughing my arse off, scaring the cats):lol: :lol:
Dave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors