Were these done with D4 jig?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sapwood

New User
Roger
John Stewart Cabin built late 1800s near Joyce Kilmer Forest, NC with pretty nice dovetails all things considered. Whaddya think Insomniac, will the D4 do this :lol:
cabindovetails.jpg

Sapwood

DaveO

New User
DaveO
That's sweet after all these years (200+), and in out in the elements they are still tighter than my handcut ones. Joyce Kilmer is (was) one of favorite places to go backpacking. Ever been to Hangover Peak or on the Slickrock trail (sometimes stream). Plus taking the Dragons Tail road up there from Knoxville is a blast, 311 turns in, IIRC, 29 miles. Dave:)

Monty

New User
Monty
Don't be ridiculous! This stuff is old! It goes without saying, they wouldn't have used a D4 for this... they would have used the PRECURSOR to the D4... the D3!!!!!

sapwood

New User
Roger
DaveO,

We camped two nites at Horse Cove by Santeetlah Creek, hiked a few trails, drove part of Dragon's Tail (in a pickup--not a Harley) and Cherohala Skyway, and generally submersed ourselves in serenity (lots of trees and few people :mrgreen:). My third trip and I'll be making more!

Sapwood

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Know exactly where you were. While in college, in Knoxville, TN. I spent many weekend losing myself in the serenity of those wood. Came out of a week long solo hike one summer, and the "crochrocket bikers" were running the Dragon's Tail. Basically they have radios and let each other know when other cars are not coming so they can take the turns as fast as possible. I was just driving home and I was given the flag to take the road...so what the hell, 60 MPH thru those turns (in pick-up) was very exhilarating, spilled my Dr. Pepper, but fun none the less. Dave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors