Wen track saw - initial user comments

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Brief update, based on a little more usage.

I have stopped thinking about this saw critically, and just started using it when I need to (sheet goods and long rips). It has worked fine for my need. I am working on an 11' wide built in and have had to rip several pieces at 11'+ (a table saw challenge in my 20' long shop). I ordered a 3rd track so I can rip 3x55" or so.

I also ordered and have used the replacement blade recommended above in this post (Makita brand 56T). This has worked well.

The system works well for what I have needed it for. I have not tried double stacking sheets in cuts again, so I don't know if my issues doing that initially were user errors or real issues. I have ripped 7/8 hard maple (11'+) with no issue.

- EDIT -
I will add that this is not infallible (just as the user is not!); just like on a table saw, a continuous and smooth feed results in the best edge. Stopping and restarting inevitable leaves a 'mark'. I have learned to plan my path (and handle cords) in order to have a smooth continuous cut.
- End Edit

I do want to make a box to house the tracks for off-site work;. Anyone else done that?

Overall this has been a very worthwhile addition to my tool set and can recommend this. I can't comment on tool life, but performance has been more than acceptable.

Last edited:

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS