WEn lists a belt/spindle sander

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
I recently got one of these to replace my 10+ year old Ridgid. Works great and uses the same consumables.

My Ridgid is the first version and it is about impossible to find parts for it. Had a heck of time finding bearings for the drive drum since they are a non-standard size.

smurg

New User
Marty
It's the same belt/spindle sander as sold by Triton/Grizzly/etc. Has some fit and finish issues as the spindle will be a few degrees off 90 to the table but it can be shimmed and the halves of my 2nd table didnt line up perfect (bumpy seam). Overall works ok for the price. Had one burn up on me by maybe applying too much pressure for too long? It has a thermal overload reset, but it was hit or miss.

JimD

Jim
Senior User
I bought one recently when I couldn't find a Rigid. I was making my dining room chairs and wanted something other than a hand held sander to use on some of the parts - the curved ones. I have almost exclusively used the belt sander setup. I think it works very well. I worried it would be underpowered due to the pretty low current draw. But I think it has plenty of power. I used 80 grit belts when sanding bandsaw marks off and it handled them just fine. Dust collection with a shop vac hooked up was pretty good. I've used it for a few hours at this point so I don't know about longevity but I am happy I got it. The one time I used a spindle sander instead of the belt (on a different project) it worked fine too.

wolfsburged

New User
Bill
I have one as well. No issues to report. Belt spins the opposite direction vs the Rigid I believe, but makes no real difference.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS