WEN has some comedians on the payroll

hoodoo

Roger
Senior User
Picked up a cheap biscuit jointer to help align a large panel glue-up. Was flipping through the manual when I saw this:

wen.png

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
Hey, good technical writing is to get you to remember what they said. Some of the very best have been hilarious. The original Complete idiots guide to the VW or The Hitch Hackers Guide to the Uniwac. So many are so dry, you can't read them.

I like WEN for what they are. Cheap, not durable, but do a good job. Festool is fine if you are in a pro shop charging $400 an hour, but for mere mortals, we have to make do. Actually, I will probably sell my DeWalt biscuit tool as I like good old dowels better. I was looking at the Dowel-Max jig.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Hey, good technical writing is to get you to remember what they said. Some of the very best have been hilarious. The original Complete idiots guide to the VW

If it looks a thing-a-majig, they call it a thing-a-majig. That is the go-to manual for anyone wanting to keep their Beetle alive.

Echd

C
User
I previously considered WEN a junk brand but my experiences with them have all been positive. This makes me like them more. Everything from WEN I own has been a solid performer.

Cuprousworks

Mike
User
Reminds me of the instructions for an exterior TV antenna I bought - "Do not install if you are drunk or pregnant or both."

It was obviously made in China with many of the usual translation issues. But I like to believe somebody knew what they were writing and managed to sneak it past management

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I used a 12 inch Wen electric chainsaw to cut down a 30 inch maple tree that was dangerously close to the old farm house 20 years ago and it worked great on a bowl blank last week.

So I didn’t hesitate to buy an oscillating drum sander of the same brand.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Remember the warning for shingles shots? Not to be taken by anyone is nursing, pregnant, or about to become prregnant. Of course they were only available to 55 and older. How many over 55+ do you know that would fit into any of those classes?

• Haha
Reactions: Oka

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
My great aunt retired from nursing at 72 years old. She was the head nurse at Druid City General Hospital.

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
I have a few wen products. They are that perfect in between product when you do not use all the time. They all have worked great over the years I have owned them.
Their humor reminds me of a 401k group I dealt with, when you called them their info would say press 1 to talk to an agent... press 2...etc... press 4 if you want to hear a duck quack, you press 4 and you would hear "Quack, quack"........ very funny

Steve W

New User
Steve
I previously considered WEN a junk brand but my experiences with them have all been positive. This makes me like them more. Everything from WEN I own has been a solid performer.
I bought a WEN air cleaner two years ago and it has worked very well. At $135, it's quite a bit less than most of the others and it does have 1-micron filtering.

NOTW

Notw
Senior User
I would imagine creating technical manuals gets quite mundane after a little while so this is probably how they stay awake. Years ago I worked in an architectural firm and we had a guy who did renderings all day, so he spent 8 hours a day coloring bricks or shingles etc, on a building. One day he got bored and started adding the village people in the windows, needless to say the client didn't find it as funny as we did.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS