WEN 3-Speed Air Filtration System w/Remote $107 @ Amazon and Wal-Mart

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodworker2000

Christopher
Corporate Member
$107 (+tax) with free shipping seems to be a pretty good deal for a new 3-speed air filtration unit with a remote control:

Wal-Mart: https://www.walmart.com/ip/WEN-3-Sp...14596897662550220717&affillinktype=10&veh=aff

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/WEN-3410-3-S...deals&linkId=a61f8e107c7d71e18ee769f0d1d7a466

Lz9AL bnGVNreAjoaO833uE MF2spOjWA 0Mjm8nVNjasZ3bmWxfwcn2x5msKed3cNq9rY9woFdD3NcM8zjg7tRd

woodworker2000

Christopher
Corporate Member
You have one of these in your house for allergies? I thought most people used these to filter airborne dust from their shop.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    30.1 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Compared to the JET/Powermatic/Delta and other brands for workshops, the air intake area looks to be drastically smaller; likely the filter is much smaller area as well. That might mean that in a dusty workshop use that the filter gets clogged up more easily too.
Great price though - much cheaper than even used ones on CL.

woodworker2000

Christopher
Corporate Member
The picture above shows the exhaust, not the intake. The intake filters are ~9.5 x 16.5 which is smaller than a Jet/others at 12x24 but the price of the WEN is about ~1/4 the price of a Jet. The intake side of the WEN looks like this:

attachment.php

Attachments

• capture2.jpg
    capture2.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 114

gmakra

New User
George
It is 300-400 CFM which will complete 10 air changes per hour in a 20x20x8 ft shop and that is more than adequate.

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member
You have one of these in your house for allergies? I thought most people used these to filter airborne dust from their shop.

I have one sitting on top of fridge in kitchen for when we do baking. Fine flour and especially fine sugar dust kicks up in the air and it makes a difference in the room with mom's allergies.

tdukes

New User
Eddie
I have one sitting on top of fridge in kitchen for when we do baking. Fine flour and especially fine sugar dust kicks up in the air and it makes a difference in the room with mom's allergies.

Yup! Does a better job than the three $400 Orecks I have. The filters are a little pricey over the long run. I may change the inner filer once a year but the pleated outer filer about every two months. Hate I'm mildley allergic to my dog (dander).

Bear Republic

Steve
Corporate Member
Your dog probably appreciates not having to be shaved. :wsmile:

I was looking at making filter systemsystem, but fur that price it would be a no brainer.

Last edited:

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
You would need 5 units to achieve the same level of filtration and air exchange.
20x20 + 400 square feet.
40x50=2000 square feet.
2000/400=5

Last edited:

gmakra

New User
George
Sorry Dennis but you forgot to add height to the equation a common oversight.
Take you width x length x height to get you cubic feet then divide by 300, 350 and 400 CFM to get air changes per hour.
Now if it is just you in the shop you probably wont create a large amount of dust so a couple might do ya.
Now if were me I would mount them low or on the floor if you want to capture dust.
And proof of these is when was the last time you dusted your ceiling?
But you sweep your floors.
Dust settles but when you walk through a shop you stir up the dust and get it airborne again.
Mounting them high does nothing but clean relatively clean air.
Pre filters are cheap buy a case from an air conditioning supply house and you probably get them for 4 or 5 dollars a piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors