Well, well, well- look what followed me home?

Chris C

Chris
Senior User
This is what you have to watch for... Not a deal-breaker but don't want to pay full retail for it.

Screenshot_20211113-213711~2.png

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Actually, I would love to pay 'full retail'. In 1952, Stanley sold the No. 2 for $7.45. :)
BTW - he had a copy of the "purple Stanley book" (this is a reprint of various catalogues) and the prices ARE nutty!
A lot of them are "per dozen" and it is dollars and cents... For freaking 12 of "them"!!!

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I will likely need to turn a front knob and wanted to ask the "hive mind" if anyone has dimensions for me.

Also, come to think of it - I don't know if it is supposed to be a "short" knob or the "balloon" style?

TIA

David Turner

David
Corporate Member
I will likely need to turn a front knob and wanted to ask the "hive mind" if anyone has dimensions for me.

Also, come to think of it - I don't know if it is supposed to be a "short" knob or the "balloon" style?

TIA
Don't have dimensions but have a number of #2 planes with short front knobs !
#2 SB type #11

Attachments

• IMG_0432.JPG
    IMG_0432.JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0433.JPG
    IMG_0433.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 102

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Hank: Would you like to borrow the front knob so as to allow you to turn an exact copy?
Sure, but logistics might be a problem. can you give me an approximate height, and diameter at the largest dimension of the balloon and the smallest diameter of the "neck"?

petebucy4638

Pete
Corporate Member

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Here you go.
So, for the curious, I checked the knob from a #1 and the #2 is a slight "up-scale" from that knob
Example: the large diameter of the #1 is ~1.25" (measured 1.23) where the #2 is 1.5" and the height on the #1 is 1.375 where the #2 is 1-11/16"(1.6875)

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS