Well I guess its my turn....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan

New User
Ryan Sellers
My name is Ryan Sellers, I'm 15 years old, and I have been interested in woodworking for about 5 years now. My first "shop" was a small corner of our garage I quickly filled with a Delta benchtop tablesaw, DeWalt mitersaw, Duracraft scrollsaw and Daytona drill press, as well as hand power tools. After two years of tinkering in my "corner", my grandpa decided he wanted a shop about as bad as I did, so he bought a 16'x24' building and he had it put between his house and mine (we're neighbors!). He basically told me to set it up and arrange it how I wanted to, as he had never done any woodworking. At the time I made a comment that I could never fill that space up with tools :lol: . Since then a new tool finds it's way into the shop almost weekly, and I have found that I end up working more and more to get the money to keep buying tools. I have the layout and some pictures posted on my website, www.freewebs.com/sellerswoodworking As soon as I figure it out I'll post some here also. I'm glad I found a website that has some knowledgeable and friendly woodworkers that live nearby :D !

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Welcome Aboard

Ryan, welcome aboard!

Btw, there are a whole bunch of people who have not introduced themselves yet and I appreciate that you have done so already. I looked at your shop and I'm jealous

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
Welcome Ryan

It looks like you have got a good start at accumulating tools. Nice shop and cool police cruiser. Got any questions, here is the place to get answers.

Mike

Ryan

New User
Ryan Sellers
I do have one question- Is it possible to run out of tools to buy? :-k

Monty

New User
Monty
Ryan said:
Is it possible to run out of tools to buy? :-k

Don't know. I've been working on it, though... I'll let you know when I'm done. :wink:

BTW: Welcome .... aboard!

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
Just wait til you get on the mailing list of all the major tool sellers, ie Rockler, Woodworkers Supply, Woodcraft, etc. etc. BTW, they make great library books ( crapper). I find it fun just to see all the new stuff that comes out from time to time. And to answer your question, No. You will always want something whether it is a power tool, jig, or whatever.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Hi Ryan,

You young folks sure do move fast :D

Guess you could run outta tools to buy, but then there's always wood 8)

You've got a great start on a life long hobby or career. It's difficult to play b-ball or football at 50 (or so my older friends tell me :lol:), but woodworking will last until you run out of wood.

Have fun making sawdust,
Roger

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I just noticed that you uploaded some more pictures, I just wanted to tell once again that yoiur shop looks great and that we appreciate your participation.

I also have a question. What type of camera are you using? And are you using any kind of image editing program?

Ryan

New User
Ryan Sellers
I really appreciate the kind words. I looked at the pics of your shop, and I must say I wish I could borrow some of your tools (cough, DeWalt tablesaw, cough) for a while. Believe it or not, most of the pictures you see were taken with my phone, a Nextel i860, and no, I haven't used any image editing program other than the software that uploads the pictures from the phone.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Ryan, I've said before that is good to see some young blood around here, and you may hold the record. I admire a younger person who has goals and priorities, and a interest in a hobby (potentially a profession) as old and rewarding as woodworking. I didn't notice what part of NC you're from, but if you're in my neck of the woods and I can assist you in any way, please let me know...at 15 it's hard to drive to get wood etc. Welcome to the forum, I hope that you'll be a regular. Dave:smile:

frankson

New User
Jeff
Ryan,

Beautiful shop...

If you're ever in Wilmington, check out the Kids Making It center...the kids (12 to 18) would welcome meeting a fellow woodworker. Oh, bring pictures of your work/shop.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS