Welding gas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Dunn

New User
Tom Dunn
Where can I get a tank filled with welding gas for a MIG welder, convenient to Fuquay-Varina, Apex area?

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
Do you value price or convenience ?

Tractor Supply Stores (e.g. the one on..42 in Fuquay) fills tanks, but it's not the cheapest option. Call before you go in..might be restrictions on what they will/won't fill.

-Mark

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
I've been dealing with Central Welding (now Praxair) in Sanford for many years, and they have always treated me right. They are on Horner Blvd. Tell James that you were referred by Scott Smith.

There's a welding supply store on 401 just south of the beltline. Another is on North Capitol Blvd.

Usually you swap tanks (if it is a standard "owner" size), but they can send it off to fill it if you want to keep your personal tank. I have my large Oxygen, Argon and Acytelene tanks filled and returned, but I swap out my smaller c02 mix tanks. I'm not aware of anybody that actually has a filling plant in the triangle.

bluchz

bluchz
User
I exchange my cutting torch tanks at the local car quest. It is not near you but You might check with them and see.

Rob

New User
Rob
I also use Central Welding, but it's on Hawkins Drive, not Horner. They do the swap with National Welders. My bottles were purchased at National welding so I just swap them with a full bottle when the time comes. Last time I checked it was about $80 to swap my unimix (mig gas) bottle out.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
I also use Central Welding, but it's on Hawkins Drive, not Horner. They do the swap with National Welders. My bottles were purchased at National welding so I just swap them with a full bottle when the time comes. Last time I checked it was about $80 to swap my unimix (mig gas) bottle out.

Rob, you're right about CWIS being on Hawkins, not Horner, but I think that you're pricing is incorrect (unless your bottle was out of test).

I swapped out a 122 cf owner bottle of Argon/CO2 mix last month (MIG mix), and it cost me $25.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS