Weedpots For Nursing Homes And Shut in's Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
At our dinner in Salisbury last night it was brought to my attention that the "Weed pots for nursing homes" I started last year was a huge success and sparked a great interest among our turners. I was asked to renew the mission I started....Last year I started a thread that had our turners making weed pots. My mother in law and her friends then distributed these weed pots to folks in nursing homes in and around Rowan County. The results were overwhelming to say the least. I would like to invite all of our turners to make as many weed pots as you can in the coming months. I will supply the flowers to go in the ones that are sent to me. I will supply an address to send them to upon request. Or, you could distribute them in your own community. A weed pot is simply a vase like turning that contains a 1/2" or so hole in it to accommodate dried or artificial flowers. The cost in a weed pot is usually "0" as they can be made from scraps. What we do from there is to go out and distribute the weed pots to folks in nursing homes, or folks shut in their homes due to illness. The results last year varied from praise, to disbelief, to tears. The folks could not imagine that a group of people took time out of their day to unselfishly make something that brought pleasure to them, and asked nothing in return. It gave us great pleasure to make a difference in the lives of others. This is the true spirit of NCWW. Friends coming together in service to our communities.

Last edited:

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Re: Weedpots For Nursing Homes And Shut in's Part Deux

count me in for a few.:icon_thum

TracyP

Tracy

:notworthy::notworthy: Yours last year were great!! Thank you.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member

I am sure I can find time to turn a few. How about setting a date. I think it would be nice to distribute them in early to mid December.

TracyP

Tracy

I am sure I can find time to turn a few. How about setting a date. I think it would be nice to distribute them in early to mid December.

Would like to have them all by December 1

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member

Tracy,
I'm good for as many I can turn before the deadline. I'll get them to you.
Greg

TracyP

Tracy
Thanks, friends. I want this to be a success that we can Gloat about in the future. Making these folks smile is so rewarding!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS