Weed Pots for the first Nursing Home Done

Status
Not open for further replies.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
The overwhelming response to this thread
http://ncwoodworker.net/forums/f32/...lina-woodworker-turners-help-requested-21111/
will soon be realized in a nursing home in Rowan County. I have collected an awesome 41 weed pots for my Mother-in-Law to deliver on Wednesday of this week. There have been many members that have contributed to this project. Either they made weed pots or provided my son and I the wood to turn some of our own. I would probably miss some folks names if I tried to remember all that have contributed, but I will do my best to name all of you. If I miss someone please pm me and I will edit this post with your name.

FredP, Woodartz, Steve Martin, 02Ranger, PChristy, GsDoby, Rod, thesource, my brother (not a member), Many more to come I am sure as I am still getting PM's from members that want to participate. Thank you so much and enjoy the following group photos and please browse the TracyP weed pot gallery.

And the gallery

http://www.ncwoodworker.net/pp/showgallery.php?cat=1588

:thumbs_up:thumbs_up Thanks to NCWW for the help, several nursing homes to go so keep them coming please!!!!!!!!!!!

Rod

New User
Rod
Great pics/post/etc... Tracy! Thanks to you for bringing us all together to share in your project. You are the man!!!!!
Thanks,
Rod

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Every great project needs a leader and URDAMAN :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

TracyP

Tracy
Thanks Rod and Scott. I hope to keep this project ongoing for some time to come:icon_cheers:eek:

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Tracy you and your family have done a wonderful job with getting all of this together -:eusa_clap:eusa_clap and a big thanks goes out to the NCWWers that contributed in some way :eusa_clap:eusa_clap

TracyP

Tracy
Well the official MIL report is in, the folks in the nursing home were so amazed that "strangers" would bring them flowers in home made wooden pots. My MIL and her friends had tears in their eyes when they left the nursing home. Twenty-Five were delivered today. The staff and patients have our website address to forward their thanks to. Thanks to NCWW for helping us accomplish this task. I plan on this being an ongoing project, so please keep the contributions coming, whether it is wood or weed pots. If you are not a turner, send wood scraps so we can continue to AMAZE our elderly folks in the nursing homes.:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: NCWW ROCKS!!!!!

TracyP

Tracy
I have been out of the country for a week in the recent past, and have injured my turning elbow:help::dontknow:, but I would still like this to be an ongoing project. So please don't stop sending weed pots or wood to make them out of. I plan to start making more in the very near future. The overwhelming reception by the patients and their families, and even the staff of the nursing homes has been something that I will never forget. We are a very special group of friends that come together when the need or just unselfish desire takes hold of our hearts. There are no others like us. You people sincerely ROCK!!!!!!

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
You outta hold a weed pot marathon where people could bring them to the picnic. Might be fun, and has a good final goal!

TracyP

Tracy
You outta hold a weed pot marathon where people could bring them to the picnic. Might be fun, and has a good final goal!
Now that is an idea!! I will get to work on the idea in a day or so. You just cannot imagine the smiles on their faces:nah:

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Tracy, I will try and bring some - my boss gave me about 8-9' of an Ash that he cut down - not very big on dia but good enough to turn some WP's out of:icon_thum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS