Wedding Unity Puzzle

ste6168

New User
Mike
Some friends of ours recently got married (ok, so not THAT recently, just finally getting around to updating some projects) and asked if I could make a unity puzzle to be used in their ceremony. They wanted to include River, the child of the groom, in the unity portion of the ceremony, rather than tying the knot or dumping of sand, etc. Not my idea, the bride had sent me some pictures/ideas she found online, albeit mostly made of stained pine, wondering if I could do something similar. Made of walnut, red oak, dyed maple, and maple. Center M cut on the scroll saw. Made vinyl stencils and painted the lettering on. This was our wedding gift to them.

7GmWXZw.jpg

heLQDYt.jpg

Link here for full album of pictures:

beloitdavisja

James
Corporate Member
awesome work. I just did a unity puzzle as well, dated a week after yours. Seems to be the "in" thing these days. If it gets more people to appreciate our craft, I'm all for it! :-D

ste6168

New User
Mike
Beautiful! How did you make vinyl stencils?

Thanks Bill. We have one of those Cricut vinyl cutters. I drew up the circles using Adobe Illustrator, used the text on a path tool, saved as SVG and cut with Cricut. To get crisp paint lines, I finished the pieces first, then when I stuck the vinyl down, sprayed clear coat first, then paint. Seemed to work pretty well.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS