Web Crawlers Needed- Thanks Susan!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCTurner

New User
Gary
A few weeks ago I found a link on how to make a Sliding thickness gauge using a steel rope crimp, I thought I book marked it, but alas no:BangHead:. I have spent hrs, and I do mean hrs looking for this site. If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

Last edited:

NCGrimbo

NCGrimbo
Corporate Member
Re: Web Crawlers Needed

You might still have the website in your browser's history file. It will depend on what browser you use and how it's set up to purge the browsing history. in IE8, it shows up as a tab under the "Favorites" button.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell

Not finding it (yeah, I'm hunting too!)

Does it look like this "wall thickness gauge"? I could see how a steel rope crimp would fit in this..

p_513000066_1.jpg

Jim

RickC

New User
Rick

A few weeks ago I found a link on how to make a Sliding thickness gauge using a steel rope crimp, I thought I book marked it, but alas no:BangHead:. I have spent hrs, and I do mean hrs looking for this site. If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

Maybe the obvious question - did you look at your browser history to see if you could find it? Usually browsers keep that information quite a while unless you are efficient and turn it off.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member

Firefox or IE? You should definitely look in your browser history first. Any words you remember from the page, a name, a sentence, that will help narrow things down in the search.

NCTurner

New User
Gary

Yeah, I would check my browser, except I have it set to clear on closing the page. Jim it looks kind of like that but more rounded,you might have seen one very similar at Bill Wallace's shop.

It was a sliding thickness finder or tool and it was made from the wire/steel rope crimp/cramp clamp like this. I think it may have been in a blog:dontknow:
41tROuRkE4L._AA280_.jpg

I thought that I had posted it as a reply to a post in this forum or another, but now I can't even find the original post or mine and I have been through my post history on both sites several times. To say that I am obsessed at this point would be an understatement.

Rob

New User
Rob

Neat idea, but the time and effort to make it, wouldn't it be easier to just by a caliper? $5 worth of materials, and hour or two of your time, vs $25 for a bowl caliper? I don't know.

NCTurner

New User
Gary

Susan :eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc Thank you so much!!! It was making me nuts, I can't remember EVER having this much trouble finding a site again!! It was becoming an obsession! Thanks for the help!!:gar-Bi

NCTurner

New User
Gary

Neat idea, but the time and effort to make it, wouldn't it be easier to just by a caliper? $5 worth of materials, and hour or two of your time, vs $25 for a bowl caliper? I don't know.

Actually Rob this is a great little tool, it can be made to "fit" the shape of the turning. Also the matching types of calipers are bigger bucks than $25.00.

http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/s...Caliper___kelton_caliper?partnerid=googlebase

And the second set doesn't give you a visual indicator.

http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/page.aspx?p=43201&cat=1,330,49237&ap=1

And the bowl calipers just plain won't do a HF with a small opening.

Rob

New User
Rob

You are correct, wasn't thinking about hollow forms. Will bookmark this site for sure, thanks.

BKind2Anmls

New User
Susan
You're very welcome. I'm glad that's what you were looking for. I'm glad you remembered the site, that made it much easier.

NCTurner

New User
Gary
As a bonus on this little project, I went to HD to pick up my brass rod, and they were"pennied out" this means they were supposed to be pulled until the next shipment, but nobody pulled 'em.:eusa_danc

Got me 5x 3/16"x 3' brass rods for $0.05:gar-Bi:gar-Bi:gar-Bi:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS