We are now a Shaper Origin Dealer at The Woodworking Source

Thewoodworkingsource

New User
Boyd
We are proud to announce that we are now a Shaper Origin Dealer! We will soon have live demo days for people to come by on Saturdays to see this new handheld cnc tool work. Let us know if you have any questions or need anything.
IMG_1307.jpg

IMG_1308.jpg

Thanks,
Boyd Snyder
The Woodworking Source
The Moulding Source
184 Azalea Road
Mooresville NC 28115
704-658-1111
contact@themouldingsource.com

mdbuntyn

Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
Interesting. I just found out, today, that Festool's parent company also owns Shaper

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
I saw their ad. Best I can tell, it is a magnified video of the bit to improve manual routing?

TSS Tooltechnic. Hard to find much info on. Shaper and SawStop don't mention them.

Roy G

Roy
Senior User
Jimmy DiResta had a video using this tool. He routed his name in his trailer floorboards and then routed some aluminum to fit into the recesses. Very nifty.

Roy G

ste6168

New User
Mike
I had one for a couple years, was one of the earlier adopters, but I just recently sold it. They are really interesting tools, extremely accurate with care. I had only used it a handful of times, and didn't feel like I was getting my moneys worth out of it, per-se, which is why I decided to get sell it. I made this flag a while back, used the Shaper Origin to inlay the stars and do the lettering. No chance I would have ever been able to do that as efficiently, or accurately, without the Shaper.

UTvaUUR.jpg

aZ6pMnS.jpg

ZWfDnYm.jpg

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
I saw their ad. Best I can tell, it is a magnified video of the bit to improve manual routing?

TSS Tooltechnic. Hard to find much info on. Shaper and SawStop don't mention them.
The way it works is basically yes, you have watch the screen and follow a line but the machine allows you to "drift" off the line in manual motion and the computer corrects and stays on line. If you violate the amount the machine can compensate, the cutter retracts. The machine always knows where it is on the workpiece by laying down strips of tape with random series of dots that look like dominoes. You bring the machine in and it "reads" the field and compares to the preprogrammed shape once you establish the starting point. The wonderful part is, you are not limited in size like a gantry CNC is and its completely portable. Quite amazing technology.

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
OK, so that is what is different. Was not clear in the ad. I will then say "pretty slick".

Thewoodworkingsource

New User
Boyd
I had one for a couple years, was one of the earlier adopters, but I just recently sold it. They are really interesting tools, extremely accurate with care. I had only used it a handful of times, and didn't feel like I was getting my moneys worth out of it, per-se, which is why I decided to get sell it. I made this flag a while back, used the Shaper Origin to inlay the stars and do the lettering. No chance I would have ever been able to do that as efficiently, or accurately, without the Shaper.

UTvaUUR.jpg

aZ6pMnS.jpg

ZWfDnYm.jpg
Very nice work! I have been using the one here at the shop to work on inlay work and to learn it. Keep up the good work.

Dan Bowman

New User
Dan Bowman
Interesting tool - but I wonder about paying $600 extra to extend the warranty from 1 to 2 years. That seems pretty steep.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS