Waterlox

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Anyone in the Triangle area know of a good source for this wonderful product. I am looking for the original sealer and finish. Thanks for the advice, Dave:)

sapwood

New User
Roger
Wow, I got six hits for my zip :oops:

Two local Tru Value Hardwares' (one of which a neighbor owns) and Hacketts TV in Chapel Hill.

Hacketts TV!!!!! "Riddle me that Batman" :eyeslam:

Sapwood

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Thanks Insomniac, that helped a lot. I never thought about a paint store. I've got 2 locations within 13 miles of the house. Dave:)

Monty

New User
Monty
Actually, now that I looked again, I realized that I have two hits within a half-hour drive here also.... I thought at first glance that the closest one was in Atlanta... :roll: :-?

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Yea, Hartville Tools does throw you off a bit. I don't know if these places actually have fresh stock in the store. One that was listed for my area is the best place to get pickled eggs and pigs feet....along with Waterlox???? Dave:)

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
I would call first. I found that several places that were supposed to carry it didn't. I bought it at Woodcraft when I did my counters. I don't know if you have a Woodcraft nearby but that was my source. You might also want to get some Bloxygen too to keep the remainder fresh for future use.

BobN

New User
Bob
I've been using WaterLox for years. I usually get it at Woodworker's Supply, stop off when I go to the Hardwood Store and pick up enough to last till next trip. Woodcraft in Raleigh also carries it, but I generally try to avoid them.

Bob

woodguy1975

New User
John
insomniac said:
Actually, now that I looked again, I realized that I have two hits within a half-hour drive here also.... I thought at first glance that the closest one was in Atlanta... :roll: :-?

The Hudson Hardware is right on my way home from work. I can pick you up some when you need it. :)

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Dave, a gallon would go a loooooooong way. I used about a half quart to do at least 8 coats on my countertop and 2 on the underside. The counter is 30 x 80. If you get a gallon, definitely get som Bloxygen to preserve it. Go with the gloss and rub it out to whatever sheen you want. That will give you maximum clarity of the finish.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
The gallon is not for my use, I am picking it up for someone. I got myself a quart to try out. I was just surprised that a quart was $18 and a gallon was $47. It would be smart to buy a gallon and some Ball jars. Pour the gallon into several smaller Ball jars and seal them so the finish stays fresh and you could save a bunch of money if you use it regularly. Dave:)

Big Mike

New User
Mike
DaveO said:
One that was listed for my area is the best place to get pickled eggs and pigs feet....along with Waterlox???? Dave:)

Dave, just what do you think that pickled eggs and pigs feet are pickled in?:p :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS