Water protecting

Status
Not open for further replies.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
LOML and son are washing the deck down and she wanted me to seek the advice of the experts - she wants me to ask "what is the best water protecting you can out on our wooden deck?"
Thanks

gritz

New User
Robert
TWP has been my favorite for over 20 years.
Clean, Dry and Apply every three years for a consistantly colored, mildew free deck.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Consumer Reports does an annual review of clear deck sealants. I can't find it on-line without a membership. But it is available at your local library.
IMO Thompsons is crap and it has been shown so in many years of CR testing.
Sikkens and Calbot have rated pretty well. Keep in mind that with any clear sealant you hopefully will get at least a year out of it. The best deck protection is a solid hide stain/sealer or clear paint.

Dave:)

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Thanks guys - I have tried Thompson and I really do not like it - I will check on the others that have been named

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
I am happy with the Cabots semi-translucent (oil, not latex which is the solid color at 150% the price of good quality latex paint, altho designed for walking on). I only use the Thompsons to spray underneath to keep the mud daubers from building nests. For best results with the Cabots, it recommends brushing on, which I did.

Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS