Watch who you deal with!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonyps

New User
Tony
Afternoon,
Well, I thought I would have a "tool gloat" to share by now, but turns out not. I purchased (or thought I had) at the Greensboro WW show, a Shop Fox 19" Bandsaw from the young fellow there. To date, my CC has been charged, I have been promised three differnt pickup dates and no Bandsaw. I contacted the Head Office, Woodstock International, today up in WA. state to see if they could assist. Think my next call is going to be the folks that put on the show to give them an earful!!! :BangHead:
I have always tended to shy away from buying something at the shows that I could not take immediate delievry of, just becasue of this type of issue. The guy is out of Woodbridge, VA, the deal made even sweeter by the fact that I did not have to pay sales tax since he is out of VA and I am in NC and the FIL who lives in VA was going to stop by and pickup the Bandsaw and drop it off here for me.........
The guys name: Lance M. Frye
His website: shop-fox-machinery.com
When you call the main number, you get a furnture store of some sort, which I did not know until the first time I called to check on the order...
Hopefully this will have a happy ending, soon....:eusa_pray
Best to all,
Tony ...

DavidF

New User
David
Afternoon,
Well, I thought I would have a "tool gloat" to share by now, but turns out not. I purchased (or thought I had) at the Greensboro WW show, a Shop Fox 19" Bandsaw from the young fellow there. To date, my CC has been charged, I have been promised three differnt pickup dates and no Bandsaw. I contacted the Head Office, Woodstock International, today up in WA. state to see if they could assist. Think my next call is going to be the folks that put on the show to give them an earful!!! :BangHead:
I have always tended to shy away from buying something at the shows that I could not take immediate delievry of, just becasue of this type of issue. The guy is out of Woodbridge, VA, the deal made even sweeter by the fact that I did not have to pay sales tax since he is out of VA and I am in NC and the FIL who lives in VA was going to stop by and pickup the Bandsaw and drop it off here for me.........
The guys name: Lance M. Frye
His website: shop-fox-machinery.com
When you call the main number, you get a furnture store of some sort, which I did not know until the first time I called to check on the order...
Hopefully this will have a happy ending, soon....:eusa_pray
Best to all,
Tony ...

I hope you get it sorted Tony. It doesn't take too many forum posts like that to make things difficult for these companies in the future, they should take note.

Sully

New User
jay
Sounds like some bad customer service. I would send him an email letting him know you have posted your complaint here. Then let him know that unless he satisfies his end of the deal or deals with the issue from an appropriate customer service standpoint you are posting your complaints on all the woodworking forums that you can think of (WN, bt3, sawmill, woodworking.com, woodworking.org, etc.). Your next step is contacting the BBB and state attorney's office.

I get sick of people who take my money and then give me the run-around too. Really irks me. People can screw up, that's a given. But own up to it admit your mistakes and tell people straight. Sorry to semi-jack your thread, my rant here is done.

I really hope this comes out well for you. :icon_thum

woodworker2000

Christopher
Corporate Member
If you are worried about it, the simple fix is to call your credit card company and have them reverse the charges. Simple, Done. the fact that the main number is a furniture store shouldn't be that big of a surprise. The website says they have been in business as a furniture manufacturer and distributor since 1993.

I don't know what you paid for the bandsaw but I wasn't too impressed with the price of the M1039 drill press shown in the price list on the website. Several of us here paid a lot less for that drill press when we ordered it through a local supplier (even with tax).

tonyps

New User
Tony
Evening all,
I did in fact, tell him I would do just that! I pretty much expect a person to own up if they made a mistake and are doing thier best to correct it, if they cannot them simply say so, none of which this guy has done.
Also informed him that I would post to the various WW sites about my ordeal.
Contacted my CC company to get the charge removed until and if he can have one on site for me to pay for then....
Contacted Woodstock Corporate HQ to let them know of my displeasure with this whole ordeal as well.
Fyi, the deal was I pickup at his location, $979.00...The website has it listed for $975.00.:eusa_booh
Sometimes, it is just not meant to be.....Best to all,
Tony ...

sapwood

New User
Roger
Glad you got that resolved. Dealing with folks like that drives me batty :BangHead:

Roger

gator

George
Corporate Member
I'm lost (not unusual for me though). Was there resolution? Is it in another thread that I missed? What was the resolution?

George

tonyps

New User
Tony
Na Gator, not really what I would call a resolution!! I found the same Bandsaw at another dealer, $21.00 more, free shipping.....and it gets delivered to a truck terminal approx. 1 mile from the house.
Contacted the original dealer, told him I am fed up with this run around, want my money back!
Called the CC company, informed them to get my money back
Contacted the VA BBB, filed a complaint with them
Contacted the Shop Fox parent company, filed a complaint with them about the reseller, asked to speak with someone about this on Monday.
Contacted the Greensboro show organizers, waiting for a call back from them tomorrow.
This whole thing just completely rubs me the worng way....gonna be on edge till I get it all resolved...
More soon....
Best to all,
Tony ...

sapwood

New User
Roger
. . . .
Contacted my CC company to get the charge removed until and if he can have one on site for me to pay for then....
Contacted Woodstock Corporate HQ to let them know of my displeasure with this whole ordeal as well.
. . . .
Tony

George, perhaps resolved wasn't the correct term. Tony may not get the deal, but he has stopped payment. Doesn't ameliorate the disappointment, but there won't be any financial damage.

Roger

Steve W

New User
Steve
I used to own a store and we learned a happy customer will tell, on average, 4 other folks about their experience.
An unhappy customer will tell 13.
It's too bad you had to go through this but you did the right thing by paying with plastic. I have had the same sorts of run-ins at computer shows. ALWAYS pay with plastic at these events, pay the extra 2% and MAKE SURE that you use your ATM card as a CREDIT and not a Debit card!

woodworker2000

Christopher
Corporate Member
Do what you want but geez, life's too short to get to worked up over something like that. You stopped the charges on your credit card, you're getting your bandsaw, it is getting delivered closer to you (only $21 more), what else do you want? Someone from Shop Fox or the organizer of the Greensboro show to admit that you got hosed from one of the reps? Is that really going to make a difference to you?

Just chalk it up to a learning experience and move on.....

Toddler

New User
Todd
He can't stop payment because the credit card has already been charged, so the money transferred.

But, he can ask for his money back and get the card credited.

We once bought an entertainment center from a warehouse dealer. When it arrived, they dropped it off and ran without unwrapping it. The center piece was warped so there was a gap between the center and sides. I asked for a replacement, but the store wanted the mfgr to deal with it. However, they wouldn't give me the number and they didn't have the correct paperwork in the box.

Talk about bad, the owner, "Elvis" actually gave me the 800 number for a sex chat line instead of the mfgr's number, then stopped answering my calls because they had caller ID. So I called from my cell phone and got the "mfgr number" from another person. But the Mattress and Furniture place in Raleigh wasn't an authorized dealer, and the number was just an importer. They'd bought the piece on closeout is what I was told.

So I called Visa to stop payment, but they said the charge had already been paid. They told me to give the store a last chance to take it back. I called, they refused again. Said I'd signed something that said all sales are final. So I filed a charge dispute and the idiots didn't bother to respond to it. Visa got the $1500 back from their bank and credited my account.

I even called to ask if they wanted the entertainment center back, but they wouldn't believe me that I had my money back. They'd lost the records, and said it couldn't have happened because, and I quote, "We've been through this hundreds of times, and nobody has ever gotten their money back."

You have to love Visa!

Todd

tonyps

New User
Tony
Evening,
Yep, heard those same tales from at least 6 different people concerning a certain furniture store in Raleigh.
Well, seems my "rant" may be at its end....
Should have my money back tomorrow
Not going to get the bandsaw form the furniture guy
Filed compaint with the BBB in VA.
Filed complaint with the TSI Expos folks
Informed my fellow woodworkers of possible unscrupulous folk
Took delivery today of the awesome, Shop Fox W1729, 19" Bandsaw (pics soon).....from Bibbtool&cuter....
Spent the evening stacking some boards in the shop to break in the Bandsaw right off the bat this coming weekend...
Best to all, thanks for feeding my need to "rant"...
Tony ...

Toddler

New User
Todd
Hey Tony,

Glad you had a good outcome! Did the furniture store you heard about look like a yellow warehouse type building? :eusa_whis :eusa_whis :eusa_whis

Anyway, don't forget to get a couple of good blades and BE SAFE. I'd offer a "you suck", but it sounds like you earned that bandsaw in shear annoyance :eusa_clap

-Todd

tonyps

New User
Tony
Evening,
Yep, good outcome!!! Major reason I got so wound up is I absolutely hate (very few things in life I attach that word to) being treated like that!
I got a call this afternoon from the TSI folks, reference the email I had sent. The result of which is I was told they will attempt to do a more thorough check of potential vendors.
Anyhow, alls well that ends well, so they say (never have found out who "they" are)!!
I had purchased two Timberwolf blades in anticipation of getting the bandsaw, a 1" and a 1/4"....they are still in the box, but not for much longer!!:lol:
By the by, once I get this boy up and running, if any of you folks here have a little bit of resawing to do but do not have a bandsaw available, I would glad to assist as time permits....this thing will do 12" height and 18" width (Drooolllll).:eusa_danc
Anyhow, best to all....

Tony ...

woodworkingshop.com

Coleman
User
Tony,

Sorry to chime in so late on this subject, but I am glad to hear that you have settled all of this mess. As a North Carolina Shop Fox Distributer, we checked on the dealer in question from the Greensboro show and could not reach anyone at the "company" numbers or webstore???? We were very disappointed to see this at one of the LOCAL shows.

Anyway, if you are free this weekend, come by the Raleigh Klingspor's Woodworking Shop and take a look at more of the Shop Fox line and talk to the reps in this area.

If you do come by, please look me up and say hello.

Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS