Wanted walnut knee blocks for a Q.A. Stool

David Turner

David
Corporate Member
Need 12 pieces of walnut for knee blocks. They need to be about 3" x 3" x 3" (cube)
Anybody got some cutoffs?
David Turner

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
I have some scrap walnut around but nothing 3x3. Can you use some glue ups?
I can make a few for you tomorrow if that works. I won't be in Raleigh anytime soon but you can pick up here tomorrow afternoon.

David Turner

David
Corporate Member
I have some scrap walnut around but nothing 3x3. Can you use some glue ups?
I can make a few for you tomorrow if that works. I won't be in Raleigh anytime soon but you can pick up here tomorrow afternoon.
Wow, Fred I don't know. I am cutting off pretty much half of the front section of the block to match the cabriolet leg knee. Maybe if the front part was 2" thick and the back part was 1"

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Let me see what I have. I have some thick stuff but I don't know if it's 3" wide. " he said on his way to the shop " ;)

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
20230128_170556.jpg

20230128_170540.jpg

David Turner

David
Corporate Member
Milled 2 sides. I can get close to 2" thick.
Fred: Hold on for a bit. It would be a while before I could get to your place and I have another possibility I need to explore locally.
Thanks for reacting so quickly.
David

Wiley's Woodworks

Wiley
Corporate Member
Check out West Penn Hardwoods in Hickory. Their overall inventory is huge, and they stock a lot of rough-cut-to-size pieces. They might have one piece you cut cut to size and section.

David Turner

David
Corporate Member
Thanks everyone for your responses. I think I am ok. Purchased a piece of walnut 3 1/2" x 10" x 30" long off of Craig's list ($50). Got it home and started machining it down and found bug tracks. I think with some careful cutting I can get what I need out of the plank.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS