Wanted: Slightly Used Dewalt 735 Planer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Carreiro

New User
Bob
Can get a refurbished for $452 + tax.
And get new from Lowes for $599 minus HF 20% coupon, and minus their 10% new to area coupon for $432 + tax. Am looking for a better deal.
Just missed one on CL for $300 and another for 275! rrrrrrrrggg!
Got one? Let's talk.

in Hampstead,
Bob

lspooz

Larry
Corporate Member
Rockler has Truckload Sale ending soon with a Dewalt 734 Planer RECONDITIONED at $299, which should have standard warranty and free shipping - I dunno what the difference if any is (734 -vs- 735) but this might be what you need

Bob Carreiro

New User
Bob
Thx 4 responding Ispooz,
There is a lot of difference between the two - 2 speeds vs 1, a shavings blower that THROWS shavings into the DC w/o it even being turned on, auto carriage lock to reduce snipe and much more. I certainly find the price difference attractive, but am not ready to settle on these & other features just yet. Thus, am still looking.

M

McRabbet

Mitch Trager has his DW735 with tables and stand on sale in our classified ads for under $400 (if it is still available) -- he is the VP of the Western NC Woodworkers Association (I am President) and I have seen this planer in his shop -- it is in tip-top shape and I'm sure we can get it to Cary via the NCWW Pony Express at the time of the NC Woodworker Picnic in mid-May (I'm volunteering to bring it as I will attend the Picnic) if you decide to buy it. If there are other NC WW'rs that are coming from the Hampstead/Wilmington area, then NCWW could complete the transfer for free.

Bob Carreiro

New User
Bob
Good for you, Charles! The tables alone are 50 bucks! I plan on sitting mine in the middle of an 8ft (shop-made) mobile bed once she lands in my shop.

I've seen a few go for $300 & less - wasn't ready to pull trigger at the time - so I knew they'd be others when I was ready. I'm patient, especially now that I can buy new from Lowe's in the $450 range w/coupons.

Good luck with the new machine!

Incidently, planed 250 BF of Ash this last Saturday at a friends with a 1959 heavy duty Craftsman machine - 12-1/2", 3-blade, 220V - that ate up 3/16"+ at a time (more than that, she'd trip the breaker)! I was impressed. Of course, final surfacing will have to be done later, but this quickly brought it down to general, uniform thickness. The stuff varied from 1-1/8" - 1'3/8". Ash is sure pretty. Similar to Oak in many boards.

Later... & happy WWing!
Bob

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Can get a refurbished for $452 + tax.
And get new from Lowes for $599 minus HF 20% coupon, and minus their 10% new to area coupon for $432 + tax. Am looking for a better deal.
Just missed one on CL for $300 and another for 275! rrrrrrrrggg!
Got one? Let's talk.

in Hampstead,
Bob

Looks like home depot has them new for 549.00. Though I don't know if home depot does all the coupon matching that you say lowes does in your post.

If you going after a lunch box planner... I would get a new one for the warranty - I burned a 735 up after only about 2500 BF of oak and returned it for a refund. But I've planned at least 20,000 BF with my Delta 13 1/2" and 20,000 BF is a pretty conservative estimate - I bet it's been way more than that. The 735 is a alright lunch box planner but it's not designed to run continuously for hours on end. You have to let it rest and cool down else the motor will overheat and burn up. The 735 is not a finishing planner like the 22-580 is - so don't expect a smooth cut like you get off a 22-580. Sad to say but I don't think they make the 22-580 any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS