Wanted-Red Oak Plywood

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobN

New User
Bob
I need 2 sheets of 1/4" Red Oak Plywood, Plain Sliced, Good both sides.

I have not been able to find any and have not been able to find anyone that would order it for me.

Bob

jglord

New User
John
The Hardwood Store in Gibsonville lists 1/4" red oak plywood here. They are great folks to deal with and I'm pretty sure they can help.:)

M

McRabbet

Check out The Hardwood Store in Gibsonville -- not all that far and decent prices.

For future reference, there are several other very good choices in the Where Are NC Wood Suppliers list on the second level of the Main Menu Bar above.

BobN

New User
Bob
The 1/4" Red Oak Plywood in Gibsonville is good one side, the back side is junk. Plus the plywood they are getting in now is imported from China and has voids along with other problem. Have a sheet of their 3/4" Red Oak and it isn't useable for furniture or at least I won't use it for furniture. Spent a hour over there Friday morning and couldn't get them to agree to order what I wanted.

Wurth Wood Group (use to be Raleigh Hardwoods) has the best sheet goods in the Raleigh area but they don't carry 1/4" good both sides and again they won't order what they don't carry.

Jeff- Needs to be at least 2 feet wide and 4 feet long. Need 6 pieces that size. Will probably redesign and use hardwood.

Bob

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Please post if you find something usable. Top shelf 1/4 hardwood ply has been a tough thing for me to find. Apparently the market doesn't demand it.

Resawing QSRO may be the best option if it fits your design scheme. I HATE trying to make thin panels with flat sawn oak. It just doesn't want to behave after resawing. Face joint, resaw oversize, sticker for a few days, then face joint and plane...prayer helps. :lol:

Chuck

BobN

New User
Bob
Please post if you find something usable. Top shelf 1/4 hardwood ply has been a tough thing for me to find. Apparently the market doesn't demand it.

Resawing QSRO may be the best option if it fits your design scheme. I HATE trying to make thin panels with flat sawn oak. It just doesn't want to behave after resawing. Face joint, resaw oversize, sticker for a few days, then face joint and plane...prayer helps. :lol:

Chuck

Chuck, I haven't found any yet, guess everyone has stopped carrying the good stuff because most people aren't willing to pay the premium price.
Got 3 choices as I see it,
1)don't use frame and panel where it can be seen from both sides, but use solid 3/4" hardwood,
2)resawn QSRO for the panels, which I have done before,
3)use cabinet grade birch plywood and veneer both sides.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS