Wanted: Portable drill press stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
I'm in need of a portable drill press stand - one that you clamp a 3/8" electric drill into. I used to have one that I used on a jig to drill tuning pin holes into a piano's pinblock with the pinblock remaining in the piano. I'd like to make a similar jig to use for the same purpose in drilling out a harpsichord pinblock. I did an internet search and found that this drill press stand is no longer made. The one I'm looking for looks something like the stand pictured below. This one is for a dremel but the drill is mounted in a similar fashion. The one I used had two metal straps that were tightened around the drill's body using thumbscrews.

I hope my description was adequate to identify this stand. If anyone has one that they would like to sell - please let me know.

Ernie

drill_press_stand_2.jpg

View image in gallery

Sully

New User
jay
Ernie,
Check your PMs. I tried to send you a message but got an error. Not sure if it went through.....
Jay

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
Ernie,
Check your PMs. I tried to send you a message but got an error. Not sure if it went through.....
Jay

Jay,

The PM function appears to be on the fritz as I couldn't send you a return pm.

I know what you mean about being tired of tripping over it. That's how I felt about my old one. Never thought I would use it again, but I've changed some building procedures and now I need a jig to do my drilling inside the instrument. I would have to use the drill press stand upside down. I'll gladly take you up on your offer - especially if the unit can be removed from the main rod and flipped upside down. Here's a Sketchup rendering of what the jig will look like.

jig3.jpg

In any event, I'm sure I can rig up something that will work using your press. Let me know when you'll be home and I'll stop by and pick it up.

Many thanks,
Ernie

Sully

New User
jay
Ernie,

Got your PM (all four copies of it). :D

They seem to be going through even though an error message comes up. I sent you a reply.
Post here if you don't get it.

I'll get back to you with the details.
J

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
Ernie,

Got your PM (all four copies of it). :D

They seem to be going through even though an error message comes up. I sent you a reply.
Post here if you don't get it.

I'll get back to you with the details.
J

Another PM sent to you.

Ernie

zapdafish

New User
Steve
I've got something similar to the dremel pic. I bought it awhile ago off cl for a project and now I don't remember what I was going to use it for. :confused:

If you are still in need, let me know. I'll PM you my email address since this site will be going down later tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS