Wanted: Oneway Easy Core and Bowl Steady

blackhawk

Brad
Corporate Member
I'm looking for a 20" swing version of the Oneway EasyCore for my Powermatic 3520. I would like the #1 and #2 knife sets also, possibly the #3. I am also interested in a bowl steady for larger bowls. If anyone has one of these in their shop collecting dust, please let me know. Thanks.

Bear Republic

Steve
Corporate Member
You can also check with Stuart Kent of the NC Furniture School. I believe he sells those and might know about some used ones also. If not he's always a good man to talk turning with and had experience with the different bowl coring systems.

blackhawk

Brad
Corporate Member
I am pretty set on the Oneway EasyCore. I have done a lot of research and used a friend's Oneway to core out several large maple bowls. He demonstrated on 2 bowls, then turned me loose with it. I cored about 8 more with 100% success rate. It is a solid system.

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
I wonder if that will be there?
I went to the extravaganza 2 years ago to see a coring system ... they had none.I was told it was too much of a niche item. Isnt that why you should have these sorts of events and showcase things you dont see anywhere else??

Last edited:

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
You would have been better off to see this at AAW in Raleigh a few months ago. Personally, I've never seen a used one of these for sale, unless someone is retiring and closing up shop or some circumstance like that. Even then, most of the time people don't even know what they're looking at and advertise them wrong. Good luck finding a used system!

woodworkingshop.com

Coleman
User
We sell the oneway coring system - special order only - due to the expense of it and as someone mentioned above - very niche product. However based on this thread, we will consider a free demo for it in our Winston or Cary location. Please respond on this thread if you have interest in seeing it work and what city?

Thanks,
Coleman

blackhawk

Brad
Corporate Member
I have gotten to personally use the Oneway Easy Core system before, as I mentioned in my earlier post. Thanks for the offer to demo though.

I have found 4 used Easy Core systems for sale in the past few weeks. I have either been a day late responding to the ad or they were for a smaller swing lathe.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS